Found a couple at St Marks! 9-7

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Nambleman

Found a couple at St Marks! 9-7

Post by Nambleman »

Hey all! Let me start by saying, wow! Beautiful morning! Clear skys, almost no wind, water temp 73 and still dark as ever. Pops and I headed out to St Marks. Put in at the fort and headed down the river. Stopped by a couple oyster bars at the mouth only to find nothing. Continued out to the sand bar by the buzzard roost. Worked a little popping cork and topwater action once we got there. Not a single hit even though there were schools of pinfish darting about and blue runners jumping. Decided to drop a couple sabiki rigs to find some bait and head out deeper. Caught what we needed and headed out. Once we were where we wanted to be, we anchor, and drop down. Within 20 minutes my rod slams over! Good gosh i cant get the rod out of the holder...what a beast! I fight this thing for 10 minutes, at least. Stingray! 4 foot from wingtip to wingtip! Little while after that pops hangs into something! Finally brings it to the surface...what is that?? Sand shark? Nurse shark?! We cant identify it! After things settle a bit, i reach for the cooler, grab a drink, and ba boom!!! Rods over once again! Bring it up with less of a fight then mr sea monster stingray. Turns out to be a nice gag!! After being toasted and wore out we call it a day and head back. What a day!

I would post some pics if this noob knew how!
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Re: Found a couple at St Marks! 9-7

Post by robbankston »

:thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Good to know someone is fishing. Sounds like you had fun. Thanks for the report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

:thumbup: