Lanark Bound

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pastorterry

Lanark Bound

Post by pastorterry »

Hey guys I am bringing my son to Lanark this weekend for his graduation present. How does the water look and what depth would should we start in. Any and all advice would be a great help!
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
basstracker93

Re: Lanark Bound

Post by basstracker93 »

Hey pastorterry, Im headed to Lanark tomorrow for my b-day fishing trip. Ill let you know how the bite goes as well as the depth etc... Hope this storm doesnt mess up my trip and the fishing. I usually go out of St. Marks but its been hit with a lot of fresh water from the rivers. Let you know tomorrow.
reeltherapy

Post by reeltherapy »

Im headed down myself in the morning but I am headed offshore if everything goes good.but if it is to rough I am going to stay inshore.
basstracker93

Post by basstracker93 »

Pastorterry,
As mentioned I went to Lanark today for my annual b-day fishing trip due to St. Marks having had so much river water dumped into it by our summer rain spell.Just want to mention that the Lanark boat ramp is worth the $10 to launch from and having the store there to sell you the bait and fuel is also very convenient. The dock master was very helpful as this was my first time going out of Lanark. I launched at low tide and went west caught pompano and catfish near the large channel marker. Left there and went just off shore at Dog Island and caught real nice 26" keeper red and lost 2 more. After that went back east of the Lanark boat ramp and caught black bass, more cats and looked like a brim with yellow lines as i stated not real familiar with the fish as i really just do this once a year. Also saw hammerhead shark, some more reds chasing pinfish in the grassy areas, stingrays and mullet at this area. Only thing not spotted today was the sea trout. Hope this report helps out with your trip to this nice area. Word of caution
some areas are very shallow had to pole in some of the areas east of the landing to get into casting range. Hope your trip goes as well as mine. :-D :)
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

The lanark ramp is well worth the 10 bux. The big bream with yellow stripes is a salors choice pinfish. That was probably a bonnethead shark you saw cuzn of the hammerhead. There is a bunch of them that hang out between the reef and shore there. Last time I was there at low tide I probably saw 10 of them. Probably could have found a few trout hanging around turkey point.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
Lawsup

Post by Lawsup »

Had a great day at lanark this past sat 5th. Good luck! The trout and reds were both biting.

Pumpin'Gas
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

Thank you so much to everyone who has posted info and reports for our trip this weekend. You guys are a blessing! I think we might have hit it about right!
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Went 2 weeks ago sat & sun, wind was blowing like crazy, the trout we few and far between, had seven keepers for 2 days but lost a ton, the red bite was pretty good we got into them off the docks to the east coming out of the ramp, make sure you have a good trolling motor and battery, our went dead working around docks an had to pull start the motor to get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free