Keaton Beach Marina

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Keaton Beach Marina

Post by SCALAWAG »

Jerry and Donna will no longer be running the marina after oct. 31st. They have a notice on the marina website. ??
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach Marina

Post by DixieReb »

Sorry to hear that. I didn't use the lift after the guy almost dropped my boat on the pavement. But they did have a nice store.
Yours in the South
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I'll sure miss them. Good folks!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

DixieReb wrote:Sorry to hear that. I didn't use the lift after the guy almost dropped my boat on the pavement. But they did have a nice store.
I've seen more issues than successes with the operation of that lift.

However, they were always nice folks. Any word as to why? (too lazy to pull up the site at the moment)

:beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Sea Hag has taken over.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Jerry will have a small engine (boat engines included) repair shop behind the fruit stand near Dead Man's Curve. He told me he was getting too old. I've seen some of his help I wouldn't have hired but the longer they stayed the better they became. Signs of a good manager.

I suppose any kind of public work is demanding? You get to see all kind of characters.

Good people, I will miss them!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
2DB

Post by 2DB »

Just curious to see if anyone has had any experience with new management at the marina?
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

All i can Say is SEAHAGS BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME

http://www.keatonbeachmarina.com/
roadtrip
Site Sponsor

Post by roadtrip »

SeaHag is top notch!
carolinaskiff238dlv

Post by carolinaskiff238dlv »

I've been there 4 times since the change over and I have nothing to say but good! Especially the friendly staff behind the counter. Hard to find Georgia personalities in Florida. Wish they were putting my boat in the water again in the morning but I guess I'll hang around the house.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Did anyone else see all of the people that abandoned the camp sites at Keaton Marina? From what I understand, the rent doubled or tripled for some folks. I like the folks there, but it may get to be more expensive to put in there. I've heard the boat lift charge may go from $10 to $2/foot. Anyhow, it was very sad to see those folks packing up. You could see that it was painful to them.
carolinaskiff238dlv

Post by carolinaskiff238dlv »

I have heard others talking about that. I also noticed last Friday the empty spots. Not good. Wonder what their intentions are?
2DB

Post by 2DB »

Not sure what his intentions are either but it surely was not to keep the current occupants who for the most supported the marina every way they could. Times are tough on everyone especially on gulf coast small businesses. He did indeed over double the lot rent plus add tax and electric with less than 2 weeks notice. No letter no email and had one those great people who have made the marina a pleasure to deal with call and break the news. A couple of lots increased to $1,595 per month also plus tax and electric. We have moved and I understand 21 of 23 long time customers are moving. As for the staff you could not ask for nicer more accomodating people. I guess time will tell how things work out but I think everyone would have appreciated a little more time to process things and at least to know what their plans and goals are.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Sounds like the property is more valuable for condos than campers. But then, the campers probably supported the marina. Over $30 bucks to launch a 16-foot boat???? Sounds like someone's trying to get rich quick. Either that or they want waterfront condos too. Sad state of affairs.
SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Post by SCALAWAG »

SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF RUMORS ABOUT THE MARINA, I SPOKE TO THEM MONDAY OF THIS WEEK AND THEY SAID THAT THEY WERE NOT RAISING THE LAUNCH FEE AND HAD NO INTENTIONS OF DOING THAT. THEY ALSO SAID THEY WERE INSTALLING NEW DOCKS AT THE LIFT AND IN THE CANAL AND THAT THE MOTEL AND COTTAGES WERE GETTING UPDATED. I DID NOT ASK ABOUT THE CAMPER SPOTS, BUT I WONDER IF THEY WERE ASK TO MOVE SO THE DOCKS COULD BE REPLACED.?? CHARLIE NORWOOD IS THE NEW MANAGER, SEA HAG IS LEASING THE MARINA FROM FOLEY TIMBER COMPANY WHO IS THE OWNER.
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115