WHERE HAS ALL THE FISHING TOPIC GONE TO

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

WHERE HAS ALL THE FISHING TOPIC GONE TO

Post by Sea Dawg »

ALL YOU SEE ON HERE NOW IS THINGS THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WHAT SO EVER WITH FISHING...
LOOK AT TODAY POST FOR EXAMPLE
crappielimits

Re: WHERE HAS ALL THE FISHING TOPIC GONE TO

Post by crappielimits »

I have noticed this too!!!
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Well, as one of the dock workers at C-Quarters Marina I can say you need to have people fishing first.
The roads and the river in Carrabelle looks like a ghost town.
Come on Spring
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

I can tell you that the trout are stacked in the St. Marks. My wife and I caught 50 or 60 this past weekend, and not just shorts. Fished a 1/8oz jig head with any color grub you want to throw. We let most of them go, but kept a 25" Red and 3 slot trout for the grill. Keepers ranged from 17 to 20"s, lost one boat side that was probably 23 to 24"s. Left the net in the truck. :roll:
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Caught them above the power plant just past Shields the other weekend. Needed to find a deep hole but there they were.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

biting just gotta find em.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

went out yesterday with bigphishie... (george, aka pompano, aka NFGFC Angler of the Year) and just wore out the trout. sized 14" to, well, a few well over 20...

went out of the ramp on the river :-D
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

I'm still in hunting mode. Not back to fishing yet.
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

galantnole wrote:went out yesterday with bigphishie... (george, aka pompano, aka NFGFC Angler of the Year) and just wore out the trout. sized 14" to, well, a few well over 20...

What to toss,Boss?? :)
Flatsbroke
yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Post by yardman32317 »

galantnole wrote:went out yesterday with bigphishie... (george, aka pompano, aka NFGFC Angler of the Year) and just wore out the trout. sized 14" to, well, a few well over 20...

Must not have been the places he and I went last week. :lol:

Good job catchin them up!
Sua Sponte
RLTW
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Got Peng And Calvin out on 20th

Calvin not happy we had to toss back his trolled up 28 in Gag!
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Ranaman, Nice day out there. Thx for the post. There have been 3,4, or 5 days this Jan that have had nice weather. Nice enough to wander where ever your interests would take you. Need to bundle up, perhaps back off the throttle, and get out on the water. Those black sea bass are piled up out there, for those who want a box of great eating fish. Trout will bite too.

As for "the hunting excuse", you fellas are never truly "The best fisherman that you could be". It takes most hunters 3-4 months to relearn their boat, the fuel system, pumps, & especially the electronics. When we find fish in Nov thru Mid March, they're often in a biting mood..... aka hungry! I realize that many hunters are gonna blast me on this post, but deep down, you know there is some truth in this.
thebpac

Post by thebpac »

Some good lookin' fish! I can't wait to get out this weekend. Those black sea bass are always great to fry up in the cast iron! How deep are they this time of year?
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

As for "the hunting excuse", you fellas are never truly "The best fisherman that you could be". It takes most hunters 3-4 months to relearn their boat, the fuel system, pumps, & especially the electronics. When we find fish in Nov thru Mid March, they're often in a biting mood..... aka hungry! I realize that many hunters are gonna blast me on this post, but deep down, you know there is some truth in this.[/quote]

What?....... Maybe if you ride the short bus it takes time.
No there isn't any truth to your statement. While you may be catching fish the few months that I'm hunting, that doesn't make you a better fisherman. I'll be filling the freezer with meat during the few months that I'm allowed to. I can fish the rest of the year. I don't forget what I know about fishing over the few months of hunting season.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

DEMON wrote:As for "the hunting excuse", you fellas are never truly "The best fisherman that you could be". It takes most hunters 3-4 months to relearn their boat, the fuel system, pumps, & especially the electronics. When we find fish in Nov thru Mid March, they're often in a biting mood..... aka hungry! I realize that many hunters are gonna blast me on this post, but deep down, you know there is some truth in this.
What?....... Maybe if you ride the short bus it takes time.
No there isn't any truth to your statement. While you may be catching fish the few months that I'm hunting, that doesn't make you a better fisherman. I'll be filling the freezer with meat during the few months that I'm allowed to. I can fish the rest of the year. I don't forget what I know about fishing over the few months of hunting season.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think I want to fish with anyone that takes 3 months to relearn their boat. For me there is a hunting season, but fishing is year round. If the weather is nice,we fish if it is nasty, we duck hunt.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven