Aucilla 3/8/2014 AKA The Georgia Conspiracy

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

2true

Aucilla 3/8/2014 AKA The Georgia Conspiracy

Post by 2true »

Get out around 10 am. Kinda Windy and the water temp was 54-60. Tried the the bars-no bites. Go to the creek mouths-no bites. Few boats out. Head up a creek and fish there a while and nothing. On the way out of the creek we see a boater (With a GA on his boat) at the creek mouth, and we are like "Any Luck"? He is like "yeah limited out on trout and 3 keeper Redfish". :smt011

We ask him what bait? And he is like "Cotton Cordelle Rattilin Redfin" we are like "Oh the same lure we have been using all morning?" :smt011 :smt011

Are the fish like "That guy has a GA on his boat, lets bite his lures" :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

This isn't the first time. Since getting my boat last year, I have noticed that Georgia guys are the boats to pull up by and fish by cause they catch fish. Is this some conspiracy or what? :smt012

Hopefully by the end of the month it should be on fire. The water warmed up almost 10 degrees while out there. If you want to see me I will be by the boats with GA on them.....
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla 3/8/2014 AKA The Georgia Conspiracy

Post by Flint River Pirate »

2true - We (GA Anglers) pay more to fish in FL. It's only fair that we catch more fish. :-)
Team Jolly Mon
2true

Post by 2true »

One time on the Aucilla area creeks, we were catching Trout but the bite was slow. A guy from GA pulled up and was like "I limited out on trout and threw em back and limited out again".

Reminds me of a song. I limit out before I limit out, and then I limit out some more.......... :smt012
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Post by fireant21 »

it is cosmic payback for all the Florida Hunters taking all those Georgia deer. :wink:
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

fireant21 wrote:it is cosmic payback for all the Florida Hunters taking all those Georgia deer. :wink:
AMEN BROTHER! HA!!
Team Jolly Mon
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

Well, I don't know about all that. Me and the father-in-law limited out on Saturday (we're both from FL). Could've caught fish all day had we not been anxious to get home for dinner. Had three boats try to steal our spot while we were catching. 1 from FL, and 2 from GA. Oh, and BTW, of the 10 trout we caught, 9 were on Cotton Cordell Redfins.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
2true

Post by 2true »

:smt011
red_yakker wrote:Well, I don't know about all that. Me and the father-in-law limited out on Saturday (we're both from FL). Could've caught fish all day had we not been anxious to get home for dinner. Had three boats try to steal our spot while we were catching. 1 from FL, and 2 from GA. Oh, and BTW, of the 10 trout we caught, 9 were on Cotton Cordell Redfins.
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Well, I have a GA on my boat and someone has obviously forgotten to inform the fish of my stature. Who can I talk to to get this situation fixed?
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Post by fireant21 »

guthooked wrote:Well, I have a GA on my boat and someone has obviously forgotten to inform the fish of my stature. Who can I talk to to get this situation fixed?

you have to get called a dirty word "Georgia boat", preferably by a Florida native. Then the rule applies. :D
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Glad my fishing partner for our trip this weekend to St Marks has a GA on the side:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Glad ya'll are seeing GA boats on the water. Usually they are sideways in a ramp or parked in front of it blocking others; rarely do I see them in the water.

JUST KIDDING, but I couldn't resist. :smt064
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

SHOWBOAT wrote:Glad ya'll are seeing GA boats on the water. Usually they are sideways in a ramp or parked in front of it blocking others; rarely do I see them in the water.

JUST KIDDING, but I couldn't resist. :smt064

Says a Buckeye......... :cold :smt064

Haha...just kidding
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

I'm a Florida native whose family goes back to 1827 being Florida natives. All I can say is most of those Georgia folks are friendly and real good fishermen. You can count on them talking to you in ways understandable and interesting. I like em!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Hmmmmm looks like I'll be getting me a GINORMOUS GA sticker if it increases the odds of catching fish that much.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

SS-342 wrote:I'm a Florida native whose family goes back to 1827 being Florida natives. All I can say is most of those Georgia folks are friendly and real good fishermen. You can count on them talking to you in ways understandable and interesting. I like em!
My family dates back into the 1700's in Georgia. There is a branch that comes from Florida ... Creek Indians who inhabited the Chattahoochee River from its head waters to where it meets the Gulf. Having said that, we old Georgian and old Floridians need to stick together or surely the yankee hoard will over run us all! :smt009 :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!