TURKEY TRIP TRADE!

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

TURKEY TRIP TRADE!

Post by big bend gyrene »

Got a relatively urgent need to put some SC friends on local turkey. Long story just a bit shorter, GREAT father and son with their own good deer/turkey hunting land in SC came down to try turkey hunting on my land ONLY because the boy is at the Citadel and is on spring break now / can't hunt in SC because their season is later and he'll be back in school.

SOLID family, and both these fellows are SOLID hunters. Son is a crack shot and has taken about every game in the southeast with both gun AND bow. They've hunted my place a day and a half now, and though they've spotted at least 15 deer, no love from the turkeys. Not helping, they had a group of six coyotes run by the stand they set up this morning.

They can hunt tomorrow and Saturday morning. Now for the trade part! Be happy to either take someone out for cobia after things heat-up a bit, or let them deer-hunt during the upcoming season. Also have a 35 acre pond with some nice bass for anyone wanting to fish. Also should say this family has an AWESOME piece of hunting land in upstate SC near the NC line with an AWESOME rustic cabin on it. LOTS of quality deer and turkey on it, and bet they would welcome a visit from anyone who hooks them up.

Here's a video showing their property.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWZevRTniXA[/video]

Picture of the son, Jacob, at the cabin with a turkey taken off their place.
Turkey.jpg
Picture of Jacob with a bow-shot buck off their place.
Robbins Deer.jpg
Jacob doing drill.
Jacob Robbins.jpg
Father, John, and son Jacob aboard Marine's Dream out at Ecky.
Robbins.jpg
Anybody willing to help me out by putting them on a hot-turkey spot / want to trade any trips, just PM me!!! :thumbup: :beer:
salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Re: TURKEY TRIP TRADE!

They took a break from the turkeyless hunting to cast lines a few minutes. Got a text with the picture below from them within seconds. Sure there's nobody out there wanting to put them on a turkey??? :smt102
IMG_0369.jpg
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

Wish I had a place to send them to or a way to help them out. My dad and his two brothers all went to the Citadel. Really hope someone comes through with a hunt for them.
tabb

Post by tabb »

sent pm
big bend gyrene

Tabb, not seeing a pm in the inbox on my end. Not sure why?
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Just saw this post, but I'm 2 1/2 hours north of yall.
tabb

Post by tabb »

Sorry about that.
Sent you another pm
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Boom :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
bman

Post by bman »

I hear it was double boom... Tom your the man!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
big bend gyrene

And got up early on his own birthday to brave lightning and heavy rains to get 'er done! I truly will be forever indebted, Tom. Can't thank you enough. You turned a trip that was already a good one into an epic one that father and son will remember until their dying days. Can't wait to share the story with everyone when I find the time to write a report that does the story justice. :thumbup: :beer: