CC flats boat needed

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sawbones
Site Sponsor

CC flats boat needed

Post by Sawbones »

My bass tracker has about rusted out it's last bolt.

Looking for a replacement flats style boat, 16-18 feet, center console, self bailing, ie Carolina Skiff, Polar etc.
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

I got checked by the man the other day and they were in a pathfinder boat, I was impressed with the layout onthe inside and seemed to be very sturdy. Good luck in your search. 8)
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

I used to have an 1806 Pathfinder. Great boat, but I need something a little lighter that I can take up the river as well for shoal bass.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

The boat I have for sale is perfect for flats, and river fishing. However it is side console, not center. I hope to post pictures tomorrow.
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

SB,

Go buy that Xpress from Kyle........... I like the 1870 CC.

CS
Dale Hollow
Site Sponsor

Post by Dale Hollow »

Sawbones,

I've been restoring my '81 Bass Tracker 3 getting it ready for some flats and river fishing as well. Do you have any parts or other items on that boat that you would like to sell?

Let me know.

You can PM me or email me at vicarms@comcast.net.

Many Thanks,

Dale Hollow
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Dale, got a friend over in Gainsville that has a "project" Tracker with a great little 50hp Merc. with trim and tilt, and trailer he's trying to sell for $850.
Semper Fi
Dale Hollow
Site Sponsor

Post by Dale Hollow »

CS Marine,

$850 would be a great deal. That's about what I'm going to have tied up in this boat after the final restoration and I have a 50 with trim and tilt. My wife would 'skin me alive' :o if I tried to get another boat in the garage, at least for right now... I was able to fetch a great deal on a trolling motor from Sea Gurl earlier today and plan to attempt to install it tomorrow night.

Thanks for the offer, but the trolling motor is about the last thing that I needed. Maybe a new steering cable soon

Took it out on Lake Iamonia (spelling?) just up the road from where I live here in Tally to test the new control box and cables. It ran and shifted like a champ.

I plan on taking it for it's maiden saltwater voyage on Friday - weather permitting...

Anyway, this was a family boat that my Dad purchased new in 1981. This motor has less than 200 hours! :beer: Kinda like an antique but like new. So, I at least, know the entire history and it didn't cost me anything.

Thanks again for the offer.

Dale Hollow.
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Rocket, saw your boat, very nice. But I think I need a console to hide behind since it's always windy when I fish.

Dale, I haven't decided whether to part it out or sell it just yet.

ST, are you talking about Trout Fisher's boat?
creech

Post by creech »

If I may make a suggestion. I have a 16' Key Largo cc with a 50hp merc. I have really enjoyed it! It has a shallow draft, dry ride, and handles a little chop pretty good. I fish Aucilla & Econfina mostly and have never had a problem with the water being to low to float my boat (knock on wood). I bought it new in 2000 and at the time it was the best bang for the buck that I could find.
Flats Rascal
Site Sponsor

Post by Flats Rascal »

Jesus saves, George Nelson withdraws!
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Creech, Flats Rascal: both nice boats. I'm trying to stay on the lighter side ie <800 lbs. Sometimes when we're shoalbass fishing we have to get out to manuever the boat by hand to get around the rocks. Blue Wave makes a nice lightweight 17 foot center console rolled gunnel skiff, but haven't found a used one yet.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Call Cotton Marine, they may have a used one. 229-244-4440
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Don, I talked to them a couple of weeks ago. They had pretty good prices on new ones. Forgot to ask about pre-owned.