Mad Anthony's

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Mad Anthony's

Post by DixieReb »

The wife and I stopped in at Mad Anthony's grill yesterday for lunch. Very nice atmosphere and food , we liked the tiki hut roof and all the fans to keep us cool. One thing we noticed while eating and looking at the ramp during lunch, a boat trailer was stranded at the ramp where he had backed either into a hole or off the ramp. Another boat had to lift the trailer up with his anchor to free it. I don't use the ramp, but if any of you did I wanted to warn you not to back too far in. The ramp was very busy yesterday, even as hot as it is.
Yours in the South
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Mad Anthony's

Post by SHOWBOAT »

that ramp has a sign on it the marks the end of the ramp...
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
bman

Post by bman »

I think the sign got knocked down... Probably by a trailer ;-)
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Yeah, Bman, I didn't see a sign there yesterday. That's why I posted. :)
Yours in the South
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

My band needs to be playing that joint! Lol. I love what they've done with the place!
reelhandy
Site Sponsor

Post by reelhandy »

The place looks great but they need to get real with the menu. The fish tacos I had were very good and priced OK, but $32 for a steak dinner seems out of touch with the local market to me. They have a lot of seats to fill in that place now. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights would seem to be a natural next step to attracting customers.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

love the atmoshphere, but they could use some change. I had the most rancid fried oysters ever there. Fried oysters!
They should go to the Caribbean shack down the road and get some young servers and the chef!

Alternatively, the beer selection is good and the bloody mary I had was top notch. View can't be beat
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Is that the place where the public ramp is?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

First time we have been there since new tiki was this week, We were NOT impressed!

The hut was great, and so was the atmosphere.

BUT, when we went to order, in the craft beers, everything we asked for was answered by "we are out of that, so, we decided to have a frozen mixed drink. Sorry, frozen drink machine is broken. Will be fixed tomorrow.

Ok, gave them benefit of the doubt. Went back a couple nights later, and same crap! Out of half of drink selections. Froxen drink machine STILL not working. Then, one of our party ordered the shrimp with a special sauce (don't remember name), and they brought out the plate of shrimp, with NO sauce (we are out of the sauce.) Our member told waitress the sauce was main reason she ordered the plate. Waitress said "let me see what I can do". About 5 mins later, she brings the sauce they were "out of"! :o

Now, let's get to the staff. They acted like they mostly did not want to be there. Only one young skinny girl was nice to us and seemed happy to be there, and during that visit, one of the older and bigger waitresses was blessing her out for something right in front of everybody. :smt009

I will be surprised if the place stays open at the rate they are going.

Can we get a GOOD manager? :-?
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Went when they first opened and I was really impressed. The tiki is great and the view is wonderful. The food was pretty good, and they promised an expanded menu. Well, after several visits we experienced the "fly invasion" and a limited menu where the items got worse with time, rather than better. Menu still very limited. Haven't gone back, and wont fight those flies again.

EJ
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I have been very satisfied with the 4 or 5 meals I have had there, and intend to keep going back. The Grouper burger is delicious. :beer:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

rocket wrote:I have been very satisfied with the 4 or 5 meals I have had there, and intend to keep going back. The Grouper burger is delicious. :beer:
I've been there a few times and this has been my experience.

I've considered moving the boat over there because the missus likes Mad Anthony's so much.

amazing beer selection(haven't been out of much in those spread out 3 visits), good/great food, awesome atmosphere.

Maybe they hit a rough patch for a week or two. I've worked in this business in the past and you can get seasonal turnover that can make things tough.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and will be back.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

procraftwes wrote:
rocket wrote:I have been very satisfied with the 4 or 5 meals I have had there, and intend to keep going back. The Grouper burger is delicious. :beer:
I've been there a few times and this has been my experience.

I've considered moving the boat over there because the missus likes Mad Anthony's so much.

amazing beer selection(haven't been out of much in those spread out 3 visits), good/great food, awesome atmosphere.

Maybe they hit a rough patch for a week or two. I've worked in this business in the past and you can get seasonal turnover that can make things tough.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and will be back.

If it had been middle of the winter, I would have understood, but it was the week of the fourth! If you should be fully stocked at any time, that would be the week to do it!

And 3 days with frozen drink machine broke? You can get them at Wal-Mart for goodness sakes. :roll:

I may give them another try one day, but right now I got a bad taste in my mouth.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
bman

Post by bman »

A few months back they put up a noseeum screen... It really works.
You can's see in but you can see out and the bugs can't get in!
IMG_5362.JPG
IMG_5363.JPG
Really amazing stuff!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

We did notice the screens and did not have any problems with any bugs while we were there. Like I said, I love the atmosphere, they just need to get the food serving in order. We had 6 in our party the last night, and all 6 said they would not be coming back.

Business's do not last long when you start getting comments like that. Sad, because there is a lot of potential there. :-?

Maybe if someone on here knows the owner or manager, they can give them a heads up to tighten up the ship!

Dubble :thumbup: