CCPTC out of Carrabelle.

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ranaman

CCPTC out of Carrabelle.

Post by Ranaman »

Celeste, Calvin, Peng(Perch Jerker), Tommy, and the me the Crab(ranaman)

Finally got offshore this summer with Tommy and Celeste. Celeste hasn't fished past 12 miles in over a year and it was certainly a great morning to be on the boat with three of the best fish catchers we know! Peng and Calvin and Celeste! Celeste and Me took Friday afternoon off since it's has been a while since we've visited out friends in Apalach so we cruised down to the Lanark trailer unloaded and headed to Town for some beer and oysters!
NOTE:
Captain Tommy informs me on way down that we lost our other crew due to illness so I asked if he was up to taking the Chee boys out for a trip! Having had both of them on the boat before Tommy was not hesitant to say YES!! I called Peng somewhere around Panacea and by time I hit Lanark he was a go for a 6:30 at the dock! They meet with us and Tommy on time and since the CelestialCrab hasn't seen water in awhile we took Tommy's 2520 Parker which is a very capable vessel and thought not fast got us some great mileage going out the 40 miles.

First stop for us Friday was Up the Stairs a new restaurant by Up the Creek Owner. She spent about half our dining time catching up with us, and even the waitress even said Oh it's nice to meet you Carrie was just talking about you two (wow cool, we thought nice to have friends in Apalachicola!) Here is a picture of the Celestial one enjoying an afternoon breeze on the veranda. Image[/URL]

left there to walk down the street to find another beer and some oysters and were mugged passing Tamara's by another friend and Chef owner Danny. he say's you two weren't' going to pass my restaurant and not say hello were you as he hugged both our necks, NO we we not! but since the front of the house was busy we thought we'd poke our heads in the back door to the kitchen to say hi, only to be surprised by Danny himself who snuck up on us right as we were about to open that back door! Again kind of touched us both as we haven't been down in months and these business owners take the time to say hi and see how were doing :thumbup: Made our way over to the Owl Tap room where we were greeted by a couple dozen of the best oysters I've had in years andof course the beer selection is awesome, shortly there after we were greeted by another friend Marc Grove business manager for Wefing Marine! love going 100 miles from Valdosta and feeling so at home!

Image[/URL]

OK, Sorry this is a fishing report!! so lets get to it! as I mentioned everybody was on time and we snuck out of the Carrabelle river to be blessed by this...

Image[/URL]
everyone got the cameras out and started taking pics...Master Chee
Image[/URL]
Calvin and Celeste
Image[/URL]
made bait and ran a long way only to be greeted by hot weather and a cold bite but we made the best of the day and certainly enjoyed the GREAT day with GREAT people! thanks EVERYONE!! salute3
Some of our fish on the table
Image[/URL]
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: CCPTC out of Carrabelle.

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. Nice mess of fish!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

GREAT report as usual! :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Good to see ya'all are still alive.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Stellar report, glad to see you got on the water. :-D Even if you wont go fishing with me. :smt011
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I sure wish I could have made it but plans for Saturday night were already set. It sounds like a great weekend! Glad you both got to go down and get on the water and got some good food.
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Hit-n-Miss wrote::-D Stellar report, glad to see you got on the water. :-D Even if you wont go fishing with me. :smt011
I can now Greg!! sorry it took so long to finish the house projects I almost missed the entire summer!! i'd also prefer to be offshore when I can go but I will take you up on a fall trout trip soon!! just holler!
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

Great report, glad you got out
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Ranaman wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote::-D Stellar report, glad to see you got on the water. :-D Even if you wont go fishing with me. :smt011
I can now Greg!! sorry it took so long to finish the house projects I almost missed the entire summer!! i'd also prefer to be offshore when I can go but I will take you up on a fall trout trip soon!! just holler!
. I'll call you......we will see if you go. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk