It's time for him to go

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wally
Site Sponsor

It's time for him to go

Post by wally »

I love college football. I love the Seminoles. Enough is enough though. If he hasn't learned it by now, he never will. I really don't want to hear about Winston every time I turn on the TV to watch football the rest of the year. And the argument that he is "just immature" has worn thin with me. He needs to go.

Read the USA Today article on this....
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /15787741/
cotton

Re: It's time for him to go

Post by cotton »

Wow!! Get your priorities straight. We have real criminals playing on every team. Yet, you want to boot a 19 year old for telling a dirty joke. Let the punishment fit the crime and move on.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

I'm sure we were all perfect at 19.

Expectations too high for someone his age.

I personally know the joke and found it pretty funny. Shouting it in the student union was pretty stupid but see above.

Based on his history with women i'd venture on moronic. Most 19 year olds are morons though. Id bet its tough learning life lessons in front of millions.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Sexual assult, stealing soda, breaking windows w a BB gun, shoplifting crab legs and now yelling obscenities in a crowded student union. Come on y'all, he's just a kid, he shouldn't have to take resposibility for any of that. :lol:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
HewesMan

Post by HewesMan »

Going onto the FSU campus with a BB gun to "hunt squirrels."

And I'm sure he had a hunting license. Not to mention inside the city limits and on a college campus. If that was anyone else they would have been expelled.
leesburgga

Post by leesburgga »

In full disclosure, I am an Auburn fan, so have gotten some chuckles out of the whole Winston things and the jokes, etc. that follow that sort of thing. The more concerning thing here is how much news can be generated from a college football player, a NFL player, etc. We all have our opinions on these things, but I fear that as a society, we risk setting our moral compasses based on what some NFL or college football player did. Not the way to go folks! As a disciple of Christ, I fortunately have an example of direction for my life that I must choose to follow daily. Unfortunately, turning on the daily news doesn't do much for that direction.
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

My priorities are straight. No player should be bigger than the program or the school. He has had his second and third chances. After all that he should be squeaky clean. Apparently to me he hasn't learned anything.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

He came real close to going to prison. You think that would help him realize that he needed to walk the chalk line. Just the opposite. He was upset a while back about the lack of publicity he had received with the Heisman, so he has to know he won it. Everybody was 19 once and most of us made some dumb decisions. However those 19 year olds that don't learn a lesson from those dumb decisions usually end up in jail. A near miss like rape should wake up an intelligent young man. If it didn't he has some deeper issues going on. They seem to be surfacing. I personally, feel it's not fair to FSU, players, coaches, and fans. He is giving a bad rap to everyone. Oh and if he has been watching Sports center lately he should notice they aren't putting up with this crap in the pro anymore. A good athlete doesn't mean you a good person! It's a good thing all 19 year old college football players don't conduct themselves like Winston or the police would be TOO busy.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Wally. You are spot on with your priorities. Win at all cost is a thing of the past. With current media avenues only a clueless fan thinks that way. Nobody needs fans like the guy who was so diehard Bama he poisoned those trees. He absolutely embarrassed every Bama fan who had any sense. No school needs these nuts. As much good publicity as FSU has gotten with the National Championship and the Heisman he has given them just as much bad publicity. I truly feel bad for his teammates who have had to endure his lack of maturity.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

The real question is whether he will be the first Heisman winner to go to prison. :o The boy just don't get it!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
cotton

Post by cotton »

OK, i'll play along. Lets mike-up the whole team 24 hrs a day. Will give each player 3 chances. With various punishment for each offense of being vulgar. Who's left playing on Sat?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Hmmm, internet glitch caused dual posting.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

cotton wrote:OK, i'll play along. Lets mike-up the whole team 24 hrs a day. Will give each player 3 chances. With various punishment for each offense of being vulgar. Who's left playing on Sat?
I don't think that is the point. I am not to worried about the kid cussing, but this kid has been in big trouble and if his head was on straight now, he would be walking a straight and narrow line. He doesn't seem to have the ability to do so. It like a comedian said, I was drunk, but the officer told me I had the right to remain silent, unfortunately, I did not have the ability to stay silent. :smt005

He is a talented kid and I hate to see any kid throw it away by making really stupid choices in life!
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

cotton wrote:OK, i'll play along. Lets mike-up the whole team 24 hrs a day. Will give each player 3 chances. With various punishment for each offense of being vulgar. Who's left playing on Sat?
The backlash against Jameis Winston is not because he shouted an obscene phrase. This incident is the last in a string of incidents; sexual assault, hunting squirrels on campus, coke machine at BK, and stealing crab. The notoriety he brings to FSU is not worth his football skills.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Hey Mudducker, Did you forget about OJ? Agreed, it's not about cussing. It's about using good judgment about how to act in public, especially if you have already been in some trouble. If he is the intelligent, talented young man he is portrayed to be he needs to start acting like it. He continues to put his coaches, teammates, school and fans in a bad position. I know they want to stand up for him but at some point everybody will get tired of his poor decisions. Just the way it is. I guess he doesn't realize that his millions of dollars lottery ticket that he can cash in on draft day is shrinking fast, just as his support base is.