Who is chasing Quackers in the morning?

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Who is chasing Quackers in the morning?

Post by Salty Gator »

bman wrote:Salty Gator - I was implying that your question about how many hunters was a softball question.
MudDucker hit it out of the park!
I'm totally missing something. Is their an unwritten rule of etiquette that you aren't supposed to ask about the number of hunters? I was curious BC a buddy went with a group of 5 guys, wondering if it was the same group. Terribly sorry if I broke a rule. I've hunted since I was a little boy and never heard of any such unwritten rules
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I thought Bman was referring to a different type of woodie when he posted the pix of the female ball players. :lol:

Looked like a fun weekend, guys. I'd love to duck hunt but it's not politically correct in my household, so I just torture fish.
bman

Post by bman »

Salty Gator wrote:I'm totally missing something. Is their an unwritten rule of etiquette that you aren't supposed to ask about the number of hunters? I was curious BC a buddy went with a group of 5 guys, wondering if it was the same group. Terribly sorry if I broke a rule. I've hunted since I was a little boy and never heard of any such unwritten rules
If that was your intention then no foul... There are a a lot of examples of people asking questions like that implying that the hunter shot over their limits.
Its hard not to react to that when you cant hear the tone of voice in a post.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

bman wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:I'm totally missing something. Is their an unwritten rule of etiquette that you aren't supposed to ask about the number of hunters? I was curious BC a buddy went with a group of 5 guys, wondering if it was the same group. Terribly sorry if I broke a rule. I've hunted since I was a little boy and never heard of any such unwritten rules
If that was your intention then no foul... There are a a lot of examples of people asking questions like that implying that the hunter shot over their limits.
Its hard not to react to that when you cant hear the tone of voice in a post.
Oh, gotcha. I wasn't thinking anywhere along those lines. Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't see all of the birds nor all of the hunters in the pics. Duck laws aren't nearly as hard to interpret as offshore fishing regs. I figure an attorney would know the law, and if he did break it certainly wouldn't post it on a public forum. Sorry about the confusion, I was definitely not insinuating y'all had done anything wrong at all. Looks like a good time, and a Guiness before 8 is kinda like drinking a nice oatmeal breakfast.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

It was a funny. I ran a waterfowl internet site for years and you would surprised how many people ask that question and then question if the folks were over the limit. I am pretty sure some of the guys asking the questions were undercover game wardens. So, a user whom I warned in a PM not to answer came up with that reply. I thought it was dadgum funny and I use it every time I see that question asked. It wasn't something personal aimed at you.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!