Anchoring at Summer Camp / no dock?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bonecracker

Anchoring at Summer Camp / no dock?

Post by Bonecracker »

Rented a house down at SummerCamp Beach right on the water Thur-Sun in a few weeks!! :-D The house has no dock but hate to have to run the Pathfinder back to Lanark every evening to take her out of the water. Was down there a couple of weeks ago checking out the house and it was low tide!! WOW!! The area behind the house was a hard sandy bottom for over 75-100yds out which is great for wading but the boat will need to be anchored at least 100 yds off shore to make it work on all tidal phases!! That really bothers me leaving it overnight that far from the house!! :thumbdown: Thoughts please!! salute1
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Anchoring at Summer Camp / no dock?

Post by Gulf Coast »

No way...If you do leave some lights on !!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Go down to at Theresa and look at all of the boats anchored out in front of the house. The MOST IMPORTANT THING for you to remember is to turn your live well valves off when leaving the boat in the water. They should be in the hatch with the battery switch( mine has 3). Make sure you turn those off before you leave the boat or bad things can happen( ask me how I know). Watch the tides. Make sure your insurance is paid up and let her rip. Good luck have a great trip!!!
Although you could probably get a good deal on a slip for a few days from Carson at Lanark market. That's probably your best bet
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

You can have peace of mind for $30. Your own slip, come and go as you please! :thumbup:
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Do as culrich suggest, when we go down there we always have left our boat in at Lanark with no problems. Even when we stay at The Moorings we usually will leave boat at Lanark due to the long slow ride out of the river, and it's closer to where we fish.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Managing the tides just takes some local knowledge. From where i anchor At st. Teresa i can get out on just about anthing but a negative. Toss the anchor and use plenty of line. If you want to keep it from swinging out, drop a back anchor. About the most aggravation you will have is if you are dry when you want to leave. Make sure your bilge pumps are on and working in case you get an overnight rainstorm. Other than that, i would not worry about it. Summercamp is not high traffic. Oyster bars to the east sandbar to the west.