St. Marks 12/4/14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 12/4/14

Post by DixieReb »

Well, I tried above the fort this morning with my nephew. First time going there in almost 2 years. Rising tide and water very clear. Stopped in 2 places and got 1 small red on shrimp. Moved upriver and anchored in a hole and got 2 nice keeper reds and one about 16''. No trout at all, usually we get some that far upriver. :-? Kept working our way upriver and got a nice 15'' flounder in front of a dock. Found the mangrove hole and got about 6 small ones and a baby sheepshead. I have never caught a mangrove big enough to keep, they look like all of them are about 6'' long. But fun on light tackle. :-D We left and went back down where we got the reds about 2:30 and anchored there for an hour and didn't get a bite. Watched another boat upriver catch 2 more reds. Left about 3:30 and I took Andy on a sightseeing tour of the river below the fort, he has never been there. Came home and celebrated his first redfish(and a keeper) with great dinner at Sonny's. Having some motor issues I need to get looked at but can't wait to get back down there. :smt004
Yours in the South
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 12/4/14

Post by Blue spinner »

good report :thumbup:
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good to see someone taking advantage of this beautiful "winter" weather. Good job and thanks for the report.

Water temp was up to 68 degrees yesterday afternoon at the FSU Marine Lab. Fish are confused, for sure.
Jose Gaspar

Post by Jose Gaspar »

Great report!

I do have to call you out though......why would you celebrate catching a first red at Sonny's when you could be eating fried redfish and cheese grits!?!?!?! :lick: :lol:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Jose, after fishing all day, I didn't have the energy to cook the fish! I cleaned 'em this morning and got a nice dishpan full of red and flounder, fishfry definitely coming soon!
Yours in the South