12/11/14 Surprise!!

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bonecracker

12/11/14 Surprise!!

Post by Bonecracker »

I was late getting in my stand Thursday afternoon (4:30) due to work and amazingly I had deer movement (6pt) as I was pulling my dang bow up! :thumbup: Got settled in and a small 3 point browsed by 30mins later! :D Bout 5:30 I looked up and saw a doe headed my direction with another deer following closely. As the doe got closer I could see it was a good buck and wondered if it was the 8pt I had on camera. As both deer got closer, I could tell I had never seen this buck before (heavier mass and much bigger body deer) and grabbed my bow hoping they would close this distance. Make a long story short the doe walked by my stand at less than 15 yards and guess who was following? I placed an arrow in the bowler room at 22yds and watched him piled up in sight at 60-70 yds!! WoooHooo!! Was by myself so you only get the buck and my bow in the photo!!

2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: 12/11/14 Surprise!!

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Nice!

I saw a lot of movement this weekend. Also had a target get the legs busted off and gored in the neck this weekend. Seems they are frisky right now.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.