Seminole?

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Grouper King

Seminole?

Post by Grouper King »

Not cyberscouting. Just wanting to know if anyone has ever had much success over at Seminole over the years? Thinking about making a trip with some buddies after Christmas.
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Seminole?

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

PLENTY OF SPECKS AND BLACK BASS, WE HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULL IN THE STICK UP'S NORTH OF LUCEDALE LANDING. DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER FROUNTS THAT COME THROUGH.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Seminole is the most pressured hunting lakes in the South East. Only those who know what they are doing have consistent success and occasionally, luck will throw others a bone. Birds generally are only in numbers after fronts and when the winds won't let them stay offshore.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Been hunting Seminole for 26 seasons. There can be good days had out there. The pressure is incredible. Worse even on the FL side. If you put the effort in to scouting, you can kill a few birds. This time of year, I will look for 8-10 birds using a particular spot and set up and pray they do not all come in before daylight, as Ringers like to do. If they do, I pack up and head home. Even in it's most recent heyday (1999-2001), this time of year, the birds are few and far between. If you have a woodie hole, you would be better off hitting that. Properly managed, it could be a great lake. It is not properly managed.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
bman

Post by bman »

onefishtwofish wrote:Properly managed, it could be a great lake. It is not properly managed.
What do you mean? Not trying to pick a fight just curious....
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I never saw this post. Sorry.

Over sprayed by the Core. Used to be lovely floating matts of hyrdrilla (where pleasure boats do not need to go) and the ducks were there to feed on it. Drip system in Spring Creek. I would also close the lake at noon if I were the dictator. Not enough LEO on the lake and the crazies are out in full force. Shooting all manner of birds.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?