My son gets a Christmas Day buck!

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

My son gets a Christmas Day buck!

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

This afternoon I got in the hardwoods stand and my wife and son got in the food plot stand. Got settled in at 3:30 and was just enjoying being in God's creation. It has rained so much we have a gurgling creek in our woods. I have several shooting lanes cut in my woods including one that gives a view of a piece of the food plot. Not much happening other than squirrels. Texted back and forth to my wife and read some of my book. She kept asking where are the deer? I told her they should move as the moon was high in the sky this afternoon. At 5:55(shooting time ends at 6:10) I look up the lane to the food plot, and see a buck coming into the plot from the far side. I text her BUCK! Meanwhile at the top stand. They see the buck come out. Then they see one doe then another. They try to feed but the buck is dogging them around the plot. My wife did not feel comfortable making the shot with him moving so much, and my boy said I can do it. Meanwhile I'm in the woods wondering where the deer went...........BOOM! Buzz buzz.. "He's down!" " come see hurry!" I thought she got it but now my son is bucked out. He dropped him on the spot with a neck shot. I'm so proud of them both. Image. I went to the house to get the 4 wheeler while trying to call Dean's. Well they were closed so now was time to teach my boy how to skin. Image. Of course I'm no expert at cleaning one but I had fun showing him what I could. Image. Image. It's still well worth paying Dean's to do it. It took us two hours. Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bman

Re: My son gets a Christmas Day buck!

Post by bman »

Nice :thumbup: :thumbup:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

:)

Rangerpat
Site Sponsor

Post by Rangerpat »

Good shooting and good eating, congrats!
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

Way to gang up on him, Family Brinn!
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

Well Done!
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Thanks guys it's been a good year.