Help!

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cfr2

Help!

Post by cfr2 »

I was planning on hunting this morning at lake iamonia. Somewhere between Havana and the landing, the strap holding my kayak in the truck failed. I am hoping to find my native ultimate 14.5. It is olive color with camp spray paint. Lost somewhere along hwy 12 to iron bridge, orchard pond to meridian, hwy 12 to iamonia landing.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Help!

Post by Steve Stinson »

call me if you haven't found this boat yet. I will head up that way and help. 509-3116
cfr2

Post by cfr2 »

Thanks so much for the offer, Steve. I covered my route twice. My only hope is that whoever picked it up is honest.
cfr2

Post by cfr2 »

Got it back!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Glad you got it back.

I am a Native Watercraft fan and own two of them.

I have also had those ratchet straps fail on me more than a few times, so I guess I felt your pain. Hope the boat is still useable.

- Steve Stinson
cfr2

Post by cfr2 »

It was all scratched up, but that is how it looked before it fell out! It has been all over oyster bars, ramps, and dragged through sand and shells over the past several years. They make a fantastic product. Before I got the call that it had been found, I had already decided that if I had to replace it, a new Native Slayer 12 was going to be it. They obviously put a lot of thought into their R&D and really consider how their products will be used. What Native models do you have, Steve?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

One Magic sit-on-top, and one Ultimate sit inside.

The Natives are the only ones I can fish all day without my back bothering me. There are more companies now who have come out with solid frame seats, but Native was the first that I can remember.
cfr2

Post by cfr2 »

I frequently will be in my Native for six to ten hours hunting or fishing. It is a very comfortable boat and seat. I had some old Ocean Kayaks back fifteen years ago and they were really uncomfortable.
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

There are still some honest folks out there. Glad you got it back.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life