Saturday to Forget

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Saturday to Forget

Post by MudDucker »

Supposed to go to Venice Friday through Sunday, but weather showed lightning. I'll hunt in the rain, but not the lightning. So we went to Lake Miccosukee Saturday with my little surface drive to keep within hp limits. Ran 2 miles across the lake and right after we put the decoys out, the clutch would not engage. So either clutch is gone or the belt jumped off. Didn't have a tool to fit the screws to take the cover off. We put up blind and got ready to hunt and even though the weather prediction was 0% chance of rain, we got soaking wet from a 20 minute rain. First time I have ever gone out with zero rain gear. Then no freaking birds came. We gathered up decoys a little after 9, because winds were predicted to get up over 15mph and started our long paddle back. After we had paddled about 1/3 of the way, 2 nice young guys came by and offered to pull us in. They pulled us to where the run to our ramp was, but the run to our ramp through the marsh had been closed off by a floating island, so they drug us back to the ramp they had used. Probably 4 miles away and took us to get our truck. Loaded the boat up and looked at the truck and someone had hit my truck at the Roco Rd. landing leaving a long rippled crease down the driver's side front fender and front door. No note no nothing from driver. Day like that make me wonder why I just gotta go.

Then my daughter and wife decided that if I was going to be around, might as well load up the daughter, the daughter's horse and take her and the horse back to school in Athens. Left at 7:30 AM and got home about 6PM.

Old man is tired! Hope y'all had better luck.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
countrycorners

Re: Saturday to Forget

Post by countrycorners »

some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

sounds like a rough one. Can only get better in 2015
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Mud ducker, hate to hear all that. Sadly, I've heard some similar tales this past 24mos. I have thought hard about buying another boat, now that these Golden Years have arrived. Seems a lot has changed this past 20yrs. My bones for one!

Good luck next go round.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

With that report chances are it can't get much worse.

TRY IT AGAIN !

Makes you like it even better when it all comes together!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Some days are diamonds......some days the laws of average all go south at the same time!
:o

Next time bound to be better!
:-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Man, that is a rough one. Sorry to hear
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Ouch!
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.