Change of Sceneary - Picture Added

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Change of Sceneary - Picture Added

Post by MudDucker »

Since the birds would not come to Mud, Mud left in search of the birds. We got up yesterday morning at 4AM and drove to Venice, La to hunt. Hunted yesterday afternoon and 3 guys picked up 16 birds. Again, we lost 2 we were sure we would pick up. Different bag from local birds. We got mostly grey duck (gadwall), some teal, one redhead and really nice pintail. With the tides, we will hunt again this afternoon. Not the thousands of birds I've seen here before, but way more than we have been seeing locally back home.

I'm not good about pictures, but I think we will try to line up our birds after the hunt this afternoon and take a picture.

Getting old! Even though we are only an hour south of New Orleans, we ate locally and hit the sack early last night. :smt009
Last edited by MudDucker on January 18th, 2015, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
bman

Re: Change of Sceneary

Post by bman »

Good deal man-Got to go where they are.
I think its what we have to do right now.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Found the redheads today. In fact, we shot our redhead limit and had to move. It drove us crazy to have so many swing by and not be able to shot. Moved to another hole and found the grey ducks and teal. Limited out.

Yep Barry, sometimes the best duck hunting tool is a car or airplane. Long 8 hour drive back tomorrow, but it was worth it! :smt004
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Here is a picture of the results from Venice, minus 5 redheads that were pulled for a friend and two teal that gave their all on the grill.
Attachments
20150118_161839.jpg
cfr2

Re: Change of Sceneary - Picture Added

Post by cfr2 »

Nice. I have been wanting to give duck hunting and fishing a try there. Did you use a guide/outfitter or self guide? I have heard that it is difficult to determine if you are on private or public land in the marsh.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

cfr2 wrote:Nice. I have been wanting to give duck hunting and fishing a try there. Did you use a guide/outfitter or self guide? I have heard that it is difficult to determine if you are on private or public land in the marsh.
Since my boat is down with an exhaust leak, we had to use a guide. According to the guide, at times we were on private land and at times on public. Only saw one posted sign.
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Congrats!
Don't major in the minor stuff in life