offshore fishing in june?

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

carolinaskiff238dlv

offshore fishing in june?

Post by carolinaskiff238dlv »

Is there any offshore fishing season in in the month of June? We are going to Panama City Beach for the week. I would like to charter a boat. I was wondering if Grouper , Snapper, Aj , or kings would be in season. Also a good Charter that someone would highly recommend!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: offshore fishing in june?

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Here is a chart of seasons for the fish you want to find.

http://myfwc.com/media/2714384/Reef-fis ... -chart.pdf

State waters Red Snapper is from Memorial day weekend till July 14th. The feds have not set a season yet in their waters.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

carolinaskiff238dlv wrote:Is there any offshore fishing season in in the month of June? We are going to Panama City Beach for the week. I would like to charter a boat. I was wondering if Grouper , Snapper, Aj , or kings would be in season.
Have anything against cobia? See they're not on your short list but June is a hot time for them and they're an absolute blast to catch. Definitely some charter boats over that way that have lots of experience chasing them too. :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
carolinaskiff238dlv

I got a quote for a offshore trip with "The Reel Contender", Captain David Burke yesterday. Has anyone had any experience with him. He had great reviews on the web. Cobia would definitely be a nice treat!!
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

carolinaskiff238dlv wrote:I got a quote for a offshore trip with "The Reel Contender", Captain David Burke yesterday. Has anyone had any experience with him. He had great reviews on the web. Cobia would definitely be a nice treat!!
If you don't mind me asking, what were his rates? I don't see them posted on his website.
carolinaskiff238dlv

$120.00 per hour. 6 people max in boat.