Leerr

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jcflats

Post by jcflats »

What color assassin? I like the 4" shad, and had good luck with the green with gold metal flake in the fire tail. Image
Leerr

Post by Leerr »

jcflats,

I have cought most of my redfish on these... (space guppy 4") Image

I have cought the "bigger trout on these... (4" candy corn) Image

and have also had ggod luck with the reds with these...(3" split tail) Image and the 4" sea shad "eletric chicken" Image

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leerr on 2002-03-20 3:18 pm ]</font>
jcflats

Post by jcflats »

I love the action of those shad, how do you fish the split tail, jig head or worm hook or something else? I have some of those and it seems like they would catch more fish if you fished them with a longer hook than most jigs, I have fish them with the off set worm hook but it seems like they don't work as good as the zoom super fluke. Image
Leerr

Post by Leerr »

I rig the split tails with Jog Heads, It seems like their is better action. My favorite are the paddle tail shad(especailly the yellow one "space guppy")

The split tail one that I showed are VERY small... Much like a small Fin-s. I rig them with a 1/8 ounce or less...'

I threw some topwater again this morning with only one strike and that was the 3rd cast, and even that is awesome!!!!! :grin:
Tight Lines and Screamin Drags...