4/23/15 St Marks Fishing

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

woodstock52
Site Sponsor

4/23/15 St Marks Fishing

Post by woodstock52 »

Just getting a chance to give this report.
I left the fort at daylight on Thursday 23rd, & went to the east flats. Started near shore past Stoney with a lot of tails showing & the water slick as glass, but I swear they needed glasses to see my topwater. I had several strikes, but everone was a miss. Only one Lady for this area. Worked my way out a little deeper tossing a Gulp jerk, & also under a Thunder. Picked up 16 trout BUT not one was long enough to require a ruler. A couple more ladies, 14 or more big Sail Cats (wore my arm out). Stopped at Long Bar for one more Sail Cat.Back at the hill by 1:30. I had promised the wife fish for supper, but went home with an empty cooler. So we had fish at the restaurant for supper. First time in a long time that happened. But as we all know, a bad day of fishing beats a good day a work.
zload
Site Sponsor

Re: 4/23/15 St Marks Fishing

Post by zload »

Its cheaper to eat fish from a restaurant anyway, tis the challenge that we all like :-D

I calculated what it cost me to catch a red snapper once... then I threw away the calculator and forgot about it. I code fishing expenses under mental health costs!
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
luceror
Site Sponsor

Re: 4/23/15 St Marks Fishing

Post by luceror »

Zload ,l like ur outlook! Both the challenge part and the mental health ,benefits?