St. Marks Lighthouse

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jbearden

St. Marks Lighthouse

Post by jbearden »

Heading down to the lighthouse Saturday in my kayak. Anybody got any tips or reports?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks Lighthouse

Post by Salty Gator »

I fished the creeks near stony last sat and a buddy fished there sat and sun for the rock the dock. It was pretty slow . I'd probably fish the flats
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

hit the bars,
find moving water,
throw that topwater early, heck - throw it all day!
get that spoon going when that sun shines

float some (insert bait of choice here) behind ya under a float for that random passerby.

Thing is... don't know unless you go. Watch the winds and don't get swamped. If you go to the flats make sure to wear that PFD, current can separate you and your plastic ship real quick.

I'm fired up for ya right now!!! man I love hearing about people planning trips and catching fish! TEAR IT UP OUT THERE!!!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
DEADLYMNM7
Site Sponsor

Post by DEADLYMNM7 »

i went today around 12 pm. I fished about .5 miles to the right of the lighthouse. I caught three large puffer fish and a large sting ray. I myself am new to the lighthouse and trying areas to fish for Redfish, trout and flounder.
Mo Redd

Post by Mo Redd »

We fished the lighthouse yesterday and only caught one 17" Sierra. Lots of jumping mullet and some schools of minnows, but the water was pretty murky. Didn't see anyone else catching anything early afternoon, last of incoming tide.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Mo Redd wrote:We fished the lighthouse yesterday and only caught one 17" Sierra. Lots of jumping mullet and some schools of minnows, but the water was pretty murky. Didn't see anyone else catching anything early afternoon, last of incoming tide.
Nice, what is a Sierra? Heard of cero mackeral, but they aren't around here
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Salty Gator wrote: Nice, what is a Sierra? Heard of cero mackeral, but they aren't around here
Someone mis-identified a Spanish as a cero in the Big Bend Saltwater Classic 20 years ago and there's still the perception that cero are found in local waters. :D

Slow for me as well yesterday out of the LH (and way too congested). Caught one 18-inch trout right off the bat that was full of roe and that was it. Water was clear in places to start but lots of sediment once the tide roared in.

Plan to resume weekday trips only or at dawn no matter what the tides are doing. Too many hitting JT and my holes otherwise.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat