Kingfish in Carrabelle

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

castnetaholic

Kingfish in Carrabelle

Post by castnetaholic »

Tore up the Kingfish in Carrabelle this past Friday. It was a little choppy early but smoothed out nicely around lunch. Had the best luck freelineing cigar minnows and greenbacks we caught on Sabik's, caught our limit of Kings in under an hour. We also killed the rock bass just off of the reefs. Didn't see any Cobia but it's only a matter of time...
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Kingfish in Carrabelle

Post by Blue spinner »

that is a good fishing day thanks for the report
i want to fish over that was soon
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
2true

Post by 2true »

Pics!
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

castnetaholic wrote:Tore up the Kingfish in Carrabelle this past Friday. It was a little choppy early but smoothed out nicely around lunch. Had the best luck freelineing cigar minnows and greenbacks we caught on Sabik's, caught our limit of Kings in under an hour. We also killed the rock bass just off of the reefs. Didn't see any Cobia but it's only a matter of time...
I went Friday as well. Didn't get king bit in the morning, but when I put a flat line back in about 1 p.m. instant hits. Two in the boat in 10 minutes. Same bait, too.

They might go on the smoker today.

EJ
castnetaholic

Post by castnetaholic »

The bite was slow in the morning for us too. Put out our anchor buoy and fished just off the reef for rockbass. When we returned someone stole the buoy :smt011 I was talking to a charter Capt and he was having pretty good luck flat lining frozen minnows also.
castnetaholic

Post by castnetaholic »

2true wrote:Pics!
I can not figure out how to post pics on this forum.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

castnetaholic wrote:
I use a site like Photobucket, upload images to it. Then you punch a button, it gives you a code to put on the post. You copy the img code, then paste it in place in the message. This makes the system show the images.

Its a little of a PITA but not too bad once you get the hang of it. Requires a couple of steps.

EJ
castnetaholic

Post by castnetaholic »

EddieJoe wrote:
castnetaholic wrote:
I use a site like Photobucket, upload images to it. Then you punch a button, it gives you a code to put on the post. You copy the img code, then paste it in place in the message. This makes the system show the images.

Its a little of a PITA but not too bad once you get the hang of it. Requires a couple of steps.

EJ

Thanks for the advice, I posted an image URL hopefully it works.