Keaton Beach 06/02/2015

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Good Tidings

Keaton Beach 06/02/2015

Post by Good Tidings »

Well, the admiral and I decided to brave the local weather forecast yesterday and take a trip to Keaton Beach. We have to schedule our fishing trips not on the weather but when we can go.

We got the marina and the lift was working and they had shrimp! Last trip we made they had neither! So it started out as a good day! We got on the water about 9:45 and decided to head a little south after we got out of the channel. There were clouds in the distance we were keeping our eyes on.

Water temp was around 80 and the water was clear where we were at. There were bait fish, mostly pins, around. Didn't see mullet jumping....

1st cast she made, BAM....a trout.....2nd cast...another....I thought, this was going to be a day! I was going to bait hooks all day!

About a hour and 1/2 into our day....a bad cloud headed our way with lighting in it. In deference to wanting to fish another day we headed in! As we were finishing up loading the baot, it started raining. We timed it right for a change.

Ended up with short trout and the usual compliment of catfish, rock bass and others. All on live shrimp.

Still beats going to work! One of these days the law of averages will favor me.....

Thank goodness I don't have to fish to eat!