St. Marks Saturday 6/13/15 report.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

St. Marks Saturday 6/13/15 report.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Daniel Josh and I got to the fort landing at 6:30 this morning. And we were the 1st truck there. We had a nice cool ride out the river hoping for slick conditions. Image. We had hoped to go to twenty feet and look for Spanish schools but it was choppy so we headed toward the stake line to trout fish. The fish were biting but most were shorts. Image. I did manage to get the first keeper. Image. The water was very clear and up to 80degrees but the wind was up and the water choppy. Image. It was short after short for a while. Decided to get in the water and found some of these. Image. Of course they went back unharmed. We fished until around 2:30 and wound up with 7 trout which is better than we have done in a while. Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Re: St. Marks Saturday 6/13/15 report.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

A couple more shots from today. Image. Josh's massive trout lol. Image. Image. You can't really see it but is was a massive sea turtle. Was a great day on the water with good friends.

luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Good report. That's incouraging.w the water being so clear. How was the grass looking?I fished out of bottoms rd Thurs.and the areas that had some grass were looking better than they had the time before.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

luceror wrote:Good report. That's incouraging.w the water being so clear. How was the grass looking?I fished out of bottoms rd Thurs.and the areas that had some grass were looking better than they had the time before.
Every where we went had good grass. The grass looked like it did a few years ago when the scallops were there real thick. Viewed from below the surface. We were around the rock garden. The trout were hitting just about any color today.

Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

good report there was a lot of people going out of Econfina this morning, I was not one of them, the few I talk to did not do that good
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blue spinner wrote:good report there was a lot of people going out of Econfina this morning, I was not one of them, the few I talk to did not do that good
:-D When we got back to the fort the lot was packed and they were parked down the road. Of course most of them were at the sandbar. Lol :-D
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Sounds like a good day!
We started to go to St marks, right before we pulled out I checked the motor for cranking and nada.
Boat shop tomorrow.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
2true

Post by 2true »

That is good the scallops are in St. Mark's it's been a few years....
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Good job and thanks for the report. Myself and two Grandson's got to fish St. Joe Bay Saturday. Mostly caught shorts with only 3 keepers. The 10 year old showed how it was done by landing big fish of the day. A 22" trout and fat...no sure who was more excited, me or the 10 year old. :D
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby wrote:Good job and thanks for the report. Myself and two Grandson's got to fish St. Joe Bay Saturday. Mostly caught shorts with only 3 keepers. The 10 year old showed how it was done by landing big fish of the day. A 22" trout and fat...no sure who was more excited, me or the 10 year old. :D
:-D That's awesome! :-D