SGI

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

SGI

Post by onefishtwofish »

Spent a week there on vacation. Action was slow. I hate surf fishing, so I never tried that. Took us a couple of days to find the trout, but we did get on them a little. Funny how we found them. I spotted a fin and stepped up on the deck. There was a huge ray (Spotted Eagle?). Assumed the fin was a cobia behind it so we started casting to it. Never hooked a cobia, but we started catching trout. Hung there until lightning ran us off. Went back a couple more days and caught until run off by lightning each day. All were short (only a handful of keepers). Nothing in the cut, but we did not fish there long either due to, you guessed it, lightning. We had a fun trip, but the weather kept me from making longer runs to known locations (we were on a bayside canal) due to the constant threat of bad weather. It was just a vacation that I snuck a little fishing in anyways.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Charlie P
Site Sponsor

Re: SGI

Post by Charlie P »

sure beats working!