Need a mechanic for a gas powered EZ GO

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Need a mechanic for a gas powered EZ GO

Post by Steve Stinson »

I need a recommendation for golf cart / buggy mechanic in Monticello, Thomasville or Tallahassee. I have a 2002 model gas powered EZ-GO cart, and I believe one of the two clutches has gone out. (The rear one). I am not positive on my diagnosis, and the clutch is not going to be removed easily, so I would rather let somebody more experienced look at it. Please post any recommendations here, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

- Steve Stinson
bass3769

Re: Need a mechanic for a gas powered EZ GO

Post by bass3769 »

Whens the last time you had the belt changed? just put one on a friends that was studdering bad at take off and the belt was the culprit.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

It is not the belt. The front clutch and belt are working fine and spin the rear clutch faster as more power is applied to the motor. Either back clutch or the rear differential has gone bad. I tried to remove the rear clutch last night, but it is not going to be an easy process. I would rather turn it over to somebody with the proper tools before I break something else swinging my hammer....
bass3769

Post by bass3769 »

good luck.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

These guys replaced the clutch on my Club Car. Might be further than what you want to travel, but it was well worth it. They did a jam up job and did it fast also.
http://www.dixiesalesandservice.com/

Here is there online store. http://www.cartpartsplus.com/