New personal best red !

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kikstand454

New personal best red !

Post by kikstand454 »

So, my brother called me and said he had a big red break him off yesterday while he was fishing in a canal at lunch. I set off this morning, really just looking for places in the area to launch kayaks in the future. We fished his spot, and some others he had found, but had no bite or action the entire falling tide. We were heading back to my car when I said we should try his spot now that the tide was low.
Well, third cast with a bone one knocker, and a huge explosion later, I'm hooked into a massive fish!

I fish with bass tackle. My main rig in my kayak is a shimano curado200 on a 7' mh f&s inferno rod w/15# yozuri ultra soft. It was a long, and im proud to say....well fought battle for both of us, but I finally landed, photo, and released this 34" red!

ImageImage

I was still shaking 20min later! To say I caught this fish shallow is an understatement! Less than 2' in a low tide canal. Middle of the day (1130) on a topwater.

:)

Thanks for looking!!!
Last edited by kikstand454 on September 21st, 2015, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loganh3101

Re: New personal best red !

Post by loganh3101 »

Very Nice.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Great fish! Congratulations and thanks for sharing! :D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Whew that is a beaut! Gotta love those last cast stories.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
wskybiz

Post by wskybiz »

Sweet!!