9/21 report from the Lighthouse

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

9/21 report from the Lighthouse

Post by randymullaly »

Just thought I'd share a quick update. Dropped the boat in the water yesterday morning about 7:00 AM. Threw the cast net once between the ramp and the dock and had more then enough thread fins. Started a drift close into shore near Big Creek and repeated that drift most of the morning between big creek and the bird rack.
Small to slot size trout were biting well on Gulp New Penny shrimp. "A LOT" of small trout! Caught my limit of BLT's (barely legal trout) but threw them back. Still
have more than enough in the freezer. The Spanish were fairly active the closer I got to the bird rack on the live baits. Brought one home that I enjoyed for dinner last night and threw the others back. Perhaps the slight change in water temperature is having a positive effect in the bay?
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Re: 9/21 report from the Lighthouse

Post by trout fisher »

That sounds good to me! Thanks for the report. Happen to see any schooling mullet?
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Nope. Surprised I didn't see any jumping at the wash bar. Launched next to some guys who were heading to the long bar to throw the net but have no idea how they did.
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

trout fisher wrote:That sounds good to me! Thanks for the report. Happen to see any schooling mullet?
Lots of mullet Sunday along Long Bar, mostly smaller size (6" - 8")
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

10/4, Thanks!