Carrabelle Boat Parade 12/12

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bonecracker

Carrabelle Boat Parade 12/12

Post by Bonecracker »

So the wife single handedly committed me to the Carrabelle Boat Parade this Saturday evening and the kids are all kind of jacked up for the event. :D :-D :D Never dressed the boat for a parade before much less a Xmas parade so has anybody else participated in this event before??
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Carrabelle Boat Parade 12/12

Post by silverking »

Haven't done Carrabelle's version, but I did enter the Bayshore in the St. Marks Christmas parade one year. It was fun but a lot of work for the limited number of boats participating.

My wife and I strung lights around the poling platform, the gunwales and console. Had a Santa figurine on the casting platform with a fishing rod. Played Christmas music on the stereo. Only so much I could do as the smallest boat in the fleet.

Boat parades are huge in a lot of other places like Fort Lauderdale, etc. Was in Newport, CA one time and there were more than 100 boats and the decorations would have made Clark W. Griswold proud. There were plenty of on-board parties with food and lots of cheer--for the passengers, not the designated skipper, of course.

Have fun and take some photos to show afterwards.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Bonecracker

Post by Bonecracker »

So the wife informs we that we took third place in our division!! :D :-D :D Only problem was there were only three boats in our division!! :lol: :smt010 :lol: Njoy the pictures!!

2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Sounds like you had a good time.

Now if Santa would just bring some more seasonal weather to the Forgotten Coast...
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat