Leon County: Dove & Duck Question

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Leon County: Dove & Duck Question

Post by Scoop Sea »

Can someone please advise if there are prohibited days to take Dove and Duck in Leon County? Back in the day when we hunted birds hard (15 years ago or so), we couldn't hunt birds in Leon County unless it was a Wednesday, Weekend, or Holiday, is that still the case? I tried to find out the answer on-line but was unsuccessful. Any info ya'll can provide will be greatly appreciated.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Danibeth

Re: Leon County: Dove & Duck Question

Post by Danibeth »

Page 1, under Limited Waterfowl and Coot.....should answer your question

http://www.myfwc.com/media/2657128/migr ... ations.pdf

not trying to be a jerk but at least the link is the regs for FL and so you have more than just what someone says on the internet
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks Danibeth, I can't tell you how many times I looked at that same page and never noted the section you pointed out, I guess it is time to go see the eye Doctor.

By chance do you or anyone else know if this restriction applies to Dove as well? I can't find that either (but it may be right in front of me and I may be overlooking it).

Thanks again,

Chris
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Danibeth wrote: not trying to be a jerk but at least the link is the regs for FL and so you have more than just what someone says on the internet
Now wait just a minute ... Abe Lincoln assured me on facebook that everything you read on the internet is absolutely reliable! Surely you wouldn't question Honest Abe! :lol:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

you can shoot dove any day of the week in season on the lakes and you can shoot lead shot on the lake as well. Do not have any duck decoys/gear with you. I got an email from FWC stating this but I was told if I was an ethical hunter I would shoot steel for dove.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks micci_man for the info on the Dove, I couldn't find it anywhere in the on-line regs. Of course, after missing the section about the Ducks, I was beginning to think it was my reading comprehension or need for glasses..... :D