Panacea 1-16-16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Dawg

Panacea 1-16-16

Post by Red Dawg »

Got a late start Saturday. My daughter and I went to a concert in Jacksonville Friday night and didn't get home until 3:30 in the morning. In fact I wasn't that excited about fishing, but it was way to nice of a day not to. I definitely didn't want to do a lot of paddling so we went to a spot we'd never fished that has a creek close to the put in. Got on the water about 2:00. Temp was 70 with hardly even a gentle breeze. Water was as smooth as a pond. Paddled the short distance I wanted to go noticing that there were bait fish everywhere. Had no trouble putting three huge bull minnows in the bait bucket. Put two lines out with a bull minnow each and waited for that unmistakable rod bend only a redfish produces. Didn't take long. A nice 22-1/2" took the bait. Trying to wear him down without putting to much stress on the 12# line when the other rod tip dropped nearly to the water. 2 reds on. Trying to handle 2 rods with fish and a net in a kayak isn't easy. Luckily got the first fish netted, but the 2 lines were severely tangled. Lost the second fish. Text Evan to let him know there were fish where I was in case he wasn't finding any where he was. He paddled over and had released an 18-1/2" as well as a couple of shorts. I'd had enough already so paddled back to the truck. About 30 minutes later he paddles up his cooler lid open a few inches. It wouldn't close with these FAT 24 & 24-1/2" reds. The boy got me again! :D[img][[IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/drail1071/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrw3snhkd.jpeg[/img]/img]
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Panacea 1-16-16

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Good job, sounds like the reds were chewing good yesterday!
Yours in the South
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Panacea 1-16-16

Post by CoastalPirate »

Can't see the photo, but that sounds like an awesome day! Nothing like catching some solid redfish to bring you out of that mood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate