St Marks Reefs 2-19 - 2-20

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishforfun

St Marks Reefs 2-19 - 2-20

Post by fishforfun »

Tried several of the public reefs and a couple of my spots from Rotary to Wakulla on Friday afternoon and then east to Peters rock area and Dog Ballard Saturday. Hoping to target sheepshead, sea bass, or flounder near the bottom with shrimp and gulp. Not much happening out there. Water was decent, pretty clear 58-60 degrees, weather was great, but very little bite. Friday PM: Nothing at Rotary, couple of shorts and one keeper sea bass at Wakulla. nothing at St Marks reef. Saturday: Nothing to the east in and out from around Peters rock, but found a good many 7inch to 9 3/4 inch seabass at dog ballard. Only two were over 10 inches between the two trips. No sheepshead, or any thing else. I have been off the water for a while, so I did have enjoy checking out the spots on a beautiful day in calm seas, but maybe this will save somebody some gas. Feels like spring but it isn't . FFF
roadtrip
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks Reefs 2-19 - 2-20

Post by roadtrip »

I hate to hear that because I was planning a trip to Rotary. I asked around Saturday at Rock Marina and they said the Sheepshead were at Rotary.
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Well, as you know, everyday is different for fishing. Sometimes you just gotta go see for yourself. Good luck and let us know if they showed up.
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Your totally right fishforfun...went out with the fam from 11-3 at St. Marks this Sunday and caught nothing. Searched creeks on the st. Marks and went upriver past the power plant and nothing. But...this is why I love fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate