Fabrication

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Fabrication

Post by dombern34 »

going to be purchasing a boat here soon but wanting to get a few things done to it and was wondering if anyone knew of someone local? I'm wanting to get a front casting platform built and also change out the back poling platform. kind of looking for a one stop shop to get everything done. would also need the old holes from the old poling platform to be filled in and taken care of. I've found a ton of places but all seem to be mid Florida to south Florida. so before making that trip, I'm wanting to see if there is someone around the Tallahassee/big bend area. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by dombern34 on March 15th, 2016, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: frabication

Post by silverking »

Not sure who can do frabication :wink: , but if you're looking for someone local Mike's Marine Ways in St. Marks does excellent fiberglass work and I'm sure they can handle your needs.

Other options would be Metal Fabrication in Tallahassee on Weems Road and there is a shop in Perry (Big Bend Fabricators, I believe).
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bass3769

Post by bass3769 »

Look into BSR llc, (part of brandon classon construcion) in Albany. they do fab work for us here and might be able to do what you need. 1531 Greenvale Rd, Albany, GA 31707.
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

A few years ago I made a trip to the Miami Boat Show and while there I looked at marine fabricators from all over south Florida. I was interested in poling platform and casting platforms and made numerous comparisons within a short time while at the show and had a pile of brochures. In the Spring of the same year there was a boat show at the Civic Center in Tallahassee and a metal fabricator specializing in marine applications from Perry was there with examples of his work as well as a portfolio of past work. There was NO comparison in quality between the So. Fla. fabricators and the man from Perry. His welds were better and more consistent, finished better, his work demonstrated lots of creative idea when needed, and his prices were in line. The deal was his quality was far and above anything I saw at the Miami Boat Show.......for the same price!

Unfortunately, I don't recall his name or the name of his business however, I would expect he is well known in the Perry area and a few calls to the boat shops in the area may yield his name assuming he is still in business.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

silverking wrote:Not sure who can do frabication :wink: , but if you're looking for someone local Mike's Marine Ways in St. Marks does excellent fiberglass work and I'm sure they can handle your needs.

Other options would be Metal Fabrication in Tallahassee on Weems Road and there is a shop in Perry (Big Bend Fabricators, I believe).

:hammer: I fat fingered that one bad didn't I ??!?!! lol but yes sir, I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction! I'll give them a call!
spoton
Site Sponsor

Re: Fabrication

Post by spoton »

I second the recommendation of Mike's Marine Ways in St. Marks if you can get in there; they stay busy. (850) 925-7620
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

that phone number doesn't seem to work? I looked it up to make sure you typed it right and it's correct, just said it's disconnected
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Dom,
Correct biz number for Mike's Marine Ways is 850-925-5685.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Was th guy from perry named Yancy? Gulf coast fabricators. The they do solid work, I'm saving for a tower. Iv heard good things about mikes marine ways for fiberglass work also, but not sure about welding. Good luck Dom
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I am sure Greenbone would also recommend Mike's Marine Ways. He had the fuel tank replaced in his Maverick, which required the floor to be cut out. You cannot tell it has ever been done.
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

Salty....Yancy is the name!
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

I did call Mr. Yancy yesterday and spoke with him. he said he wasn't able to do custom orders at the moment due to some business issues and not having the man power at the time. he told me if I still needed some work that he might be able to help me around the May or June timeframe. seemed like a great guy and was able to answer all my questions. from the rough estimate that he was able to give me, his prices seem to be awesome.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Metal Fabrication and sales of Tallahassee has done some of the best work I have ever seen, here are some examples of their work and their contact info. They do a lot of work for us at Bass Pro Shops when we need something made or repaired on an aluminum boat.

http://www.metalfabtallahassee.com/

Email Address
info@metalfabtallahassee.com

Phone
(850) 205-2300
Fax
(850) 205-2302
Mailing Address
3600-D Weems Road
Tallahassee, FL 32317

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

wow, that is some pretty awesome work!

I would think they can handle what I'm looking for!
Attachments
I want something like these but power coated black to go with the boat.
I want something like these but power coated black to go with the boat.
redfish ladder.jpg (31.91 KiB) Viewed 4569 times
redfish ladder 2.jpg