St. Marks report 3/29

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

St. Marks report 3/29

Post by randymullaly »

Dropped the boat in just before safe light. Surprised there weren't any bait fish by the ramp. Didn't see any schooling at all so no need to get the cast net wet. As I went thru the pass there was a soft breeze and very slight chop on the water. Past the rocks and east between the light house and the cell tower. Trout bite was hot and heavy. Lots of shorts but some nice keepers as well. Drift fishing Gulp under a popping cork. WInd and waves picked up quick. Got spooky fast. Made it back to the ramp by 10:30 and was glad to be off the water. Been a long time sense I saw the conditions turn that fast. Gonna make another run out there this morning….
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks report 3/29

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: Sounds good. I've been out when conditions changed like you said, it is scary. We had a storm come out of nowhere and had to run from Adam's Beach back to Keaton in a fierce west wind and blinding rain once. It wasn't fun. Good luck today.
Yours in the South