Ecofina this week??

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina this week??

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Anybody fishing this week? We will be down thurs and hoping for some good reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flatsbroke22

Re: Ecofina this week??

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Will be headed down there Thursday through the weekend for our annual redneck invatational. Weather is not looking good. Cold and windy but praying they're wrong.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Still early it could change.

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

It was on fire last week. Hopefully all the fresh water hasn't messed things up.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I fished there last Saturday with Jumptrout. Both the Aucilla and Econfina are very high and trashy from all of the run off. The dark / dirty water also extends out on to the flats, so you have to get away from the river mouths to catch anything. We fished toward the East from Econfina and found fish scattered here an there. It seemed like every time we would move, we would catch one or two, then nothing else. We also fought high winds and white caps all day long, so that could have been keeping things stirred up. Hopefully the wind will lay down for you. It took us all day to get 8-10 trout and a flounder.

At the ramp, we spoke to a couple guys at the ramp who said they found fish out deeper in 6-8 ft. of water after all the rain, but we did not fish that deep.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Steve Stinson wrote:I fished there last Saturday with Jumptrout. Both the Aucilla and Econfina are very high and trashy from all of the run off. The dark / dirty water also extends out on to the flats, so you have to get away from the river mouths to catch anything. We fished toward the East from Econfina and found fish scattered here an there. It seemed like every time we would move, we would catch one or two, then nothing else. We also fought high winds and white caps all day long, so that could have been keeping things stirred up. Hopefully the wind will lay down for you. It took us all day to get 8-10 trout and a flounder.

At the ramp, we spoke to a couple guys at the ramp who said they found fish out deeper in 6-8 ft. of water after all the rain, but we did not fish that deep.
. Sound like a good day though. I figured we would start towards Hick mound on thurs.

countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Will Econfina lot be full with redneck trailers Thursday and Friday????
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Years fishing there it's been pretty rare for me to see too much traffic during week days, though Friday sees a definite pickup versus the other week days and especially so on holiday weekends.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

countrycorners wrote:Will Econfina lot be full with redneck trailers Thursday and Friday????
Yep! You're one of em....Just smile and wave back at everybody. Things will work out. :-D
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I truly resent any implied association between rednecks and Econfina River. :roll: I have had the pleasure of fishing and knowing people at Econfina since 1970. For the most part we remain a small drinking community with a fishing problem. :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
killswitch

Post by killswitch »

: I have had the pleasure of fishing and knowing people at Econfina since 1970.

Growing up in Albeeny, my dad and uncles started taking me in the early '70's. (heck, you might even know them) Wonder how many times we unknowingly crossed paths down there over the years. Even though we don't get down very often anymore, still my most favorite place to fish! :thumbup:
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

No rain in the forecast. So we are going Thursday. Don't know if I'm a redneck or not. What is the criteria???

mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

50% chance Thursday before the cold front.
killswitch

Post by killswitch »

You're from GA.....right?? :-D :-D
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

killswitch wrote:You're from GA.....right?? :-D :-D
. No rednecks in Florida?