Raymarine E120 Issue-Looking For Help

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Raymarine E120 Issue-Looking For Help

Post by Scoop Sea »

My buddy has a Raymarine E120 that has two different screens (one for the navigation the other screen acts as the bottom machine). The bottom machine one has an issue with the backlighting an hence he can't see the bottom, etc due to the screen having gone dark. Raymarine tech help indicated that he should be able to hook up the bottom machine/transducer aspect to the screen that acts as the GPS and then do everything on one screen until the other screen can be sent off to be repaired.

BY CHANCE: has anyone on here done this (or something similar) before and have any advice on how to go about doing this?

In advance, thanks.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
reelhandy
Site Sponsor

Re: Raymarine E120 Issue-Looking For Help

Post by reelhandy »

I haven't, but it looks like it could be as easy as unhooking the transducer cable from the blank unit, and plugging into the available port on the working unit.
http://busse-yachtshop.de/pdf/raymarine ... on-bys.pdf
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Re: Raymarine E120 Issue-Looking For Help

Post by Scoop Sea »

I am hoping you are right reelhandy, I was "thinking" the same thing, but with the DSM coming into play, that's where it was somewhat confusing (plus I'm not an electronics guy by any means). We downloaded the manuals last night and will try and see what we can pull together. Thanks again for the reply.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."