St. Marks fishing report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Boudreux

St. Marks fishing report

Post by Boudreux »

Anybody been out to St. Marks this week and have a fishing report?
wacissaguy

Re: St. Marks fishing report

Post by wacissaguy »

went thursday water temp out to 10 feet deep was 88 degrees, caught 1 catfish.
geofish

Post by geofish »

Went this morning (Saturday). Caught about six trout, two keeper-size. Also a 4-foot shark and the ever-present catfish. Drifted from shallow out across the flats toward first bird rack, except one big trout inside just on the other side of the oyster bar by the boat ramp. Smaller trout caught on Gulp new penny or chartreuse; bigger trout on small pinfish or grunt, which are like trout candy if you get some of the smaller ones; big pinfish seem to catch more sharks. Good luck!
jerrym

Post by jerrym »

1st time responder , I have been listening to all your valuable information and agree with you all , I have never seen such a lack of bait fish and an abundance of sharks. I went out Sat at Shell Point and caught nothing but rays and sharks. Sharks would hit the pin fish as soon as it would hit the water. Rays were hitting every plug or spoon I threw out in the water. Did I miss the summer fishing season ?
I
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

I fish the Bald Point area and the glass minnows are everywhere. Usually this draws the mackeral, trout, jacks and blues but recently only ladyfish by the dozens. Water temp is hot
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

Well me and a buddy put in the water about 745 this morning at shields. We started out in 3-4 foot of water about a mile east of the last channel marker. Caught one undersized trout on a white doa under a popping cork, caught another on a gold spoon. We had some strikes on a white skitter walk but we never got anything in. Moved out to 7-8 foot of water and caught one more small trout on the gold spoon. Water was pretty rough the further we got out. The wind was up and the tide was moving pretty good. Water temp was 88-89 so I'm guessing the fish have moved out deeper or either in the backwaters. The cavalry showed up to the scalloping grounds around 1030 so we decided to do the same. We got our 2 person limit in 30 mins or less. Needless to say there are still plenty to be found. That's all I got for this week. Hopefully the fish will start biting soon!
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Redfish of all sizes not put off by the hotter water in the creeks east of the lighthouse, based on my daily mid-day trips. Can't say the same for slot trout. For me, nothing but short trout in refuge creeks when the sun is up high. Sheepies have been like reds, not leaving creeks as long as fiddler crabs are there. They are.