Georgia deer hunters, new Reg.

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bass3769

Georgia deer hunters, new Reg.

Post by bass3769 »

You must report your harvest, check out the article for details. http://www.gon.com/news/game-check-is-mandatory
crappielimits

Re: Georgia deer hunters, new Reg.

Post by crappielimits »

This won't work. No thanks.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

It is already in place for turkey hunting and they reported it was a reporting success. Myself, I think it is a bit too much government.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Just more folks will process their own now.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

MudDucker wrote:It is already in place for turkey hunting and they reported it was a reporting success. Myself, I think it is a bit too much government.

From the article:

Compliance during turkey season wasn’t great—estimates are that only about 40 percent of gobblers were reported through the mandatory Game Check system.
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

There is an app that makes it easy. Also, the processor I use says he is gonna set up a dedicated computer at his shop just in case anyone needs to report!
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

And if like Florida, all your harvest info. will then be public record. More ammo for the anti's.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Dubble Trubble wrote:
MudDucker wrote:It is already in place for turkey hunting and they reported it was a reporting success. Myself, I think it is a bit too much government.

From the article:

Compliance during turkey season wasn’t great—estimates are that only about 40 percent of gobblers were reported through the mandatory Game Check system.
Well, the person with GDNR who told me about it said it was higher "than expected" and yielded "valuable information". He didn't mention what he thought the compliance rate was. As we all know, rate of compliance is just a guess of how many outlaws there are. Of course, most government bureaucrats are excited about any intrusion into our freedoms.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
wacissaguy

Post by wacissaguy »

I had a lease in kentucky for 10 years and this is standard practice up there, you can't get processing, or taxidermy without the harvest record #,also if you get checked and have a deer in your possesion without that # you're in deep trouble. I will say this, it was an extremely easy process-1 call,answer 3-4 questions and write down the #.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Did it for years in Ohio. Wasn't a problem at all. I remember when they switched from physical check-in to online check in. Kind of made me sad, as I always enjoyed looking at all the other deer with my dad when we would go to check-in. Saw some absolute giants and vividly remember a pair that got their antlers twisted together. It was just one of the exciting parts of the hunt for a kid; being able to see what was wandering in the woods near you. No doubt they get accurate age and other info. Seems better than a lot of the science used....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.