Econfina boat ramp

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Econfina boat ramp

Post by Blue spinner »

we were very very lucky down this way it could have been worse than what we got if we had got what they got to the east of us it would have taken
everything i do be leave ,
IMG_0227.JPG
Attachments
IMG_0222.JPG
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Econfina boat ramp

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

How high did the water get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Did the Aucilla dock survive, is the ramp open?
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

H-N-M the water was 4' in the store it had to get over 6' to push the dock over the poles
CC was not able to get to the ramp at Aucilla trees down
it will be 4 or 5 days before there is power down there
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

IMG_0223.JPG
this is a boat that looks like it floated in to the trees on it trailer in the park behind the store
IMG_0218.JPG
this trailer had 3 trees fall all around it but did not hit it
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Wow it not mess up your camper?

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

That's my place! Lost the big sycamore which was uprighted after Dennis and grew into a beautiful tree. This pic does not show huge pine that just missed the back of camper and is laying in line with visible tree. The third tree was in front and almost got the mud boat. The large pine was adjacent to my neighbors camper and had been tilting into the swamp due to loss of foundation from a huge ant bed underground. I hope to get down tomorrow and check on everything and clean out refrigerator.

I lost my first camper on the same spot to the Dennis surge. From all the damage I've seen on the coast I feel very blessed.
my hideout.tiff
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

RHTFISH wrote:That's my place! Lost the big sycamore which was uprighted after Dennis and grew into a beautiful tree. This pic does not show huge pine that just missed the back of camper and is laying in line with visible tree. The third tree was in front and almost got the mud boat. The large pine was adjacent to my neighbors camper and had been tilting into the swamp due to loss of foundation from a huge ant bed underground. I hope to get down tomorrow and check on everything and clean out refrigerator.

I lost my first camper on the same spot to the Dennis surge. From all the damage I've seen on the coast I feel very blessed.
my hideout.tiff
i new it was somebody on here i just could not remember who's it was when i took the photo , i could see all of the trees and how they miss your trailer, i did not see a water line on the trailer so i was thinking that the water did not get up in it
jcflats

Post by jcflats »

doc, I was told that water was 8" in Kenneth's camper across from yours.

Phillip Lumpkin and myself went down and pulled our campers home on Thursday morning, glad we did!
Hope all is well, look forward to seeing you in the fall.

John Cox
"In bad need of some coastal therpy!"
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Talked to friends and neighbors here in Tville, Debbie and Ricky, a brother and sister that kept their two campers down there. They decided to get them out Thursday eve. They made the RIGHT decision I see.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Dubble Trubble wrote:Talked to friends and neighbors here in Tville, Debbie and Ricky, a brother and sister that kept their two campers down there. They decided to get them out Thursday eve. They made the RIGHT decision I see.

Dubble :thumbup:
Ricky and Debbie made a good choice! Ricky is sure going to need a new boat cover. Their place, like others, is rather eerie without campers!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

jcflats wrote:doc, I was told that water was 8" in Kenneth's camper across from yours.

Phillip Lumpkin and myself went down and pulled our campers home on Thursday morning, glad we did!
Hope all is well, look forward to seeing you in the fall.

John Cox
Hey John. Today I saw one smaller tree that looks like it fell into your clearing. It was smart move to get out as I understand Tommy Highnote's camper behind you across the road had water inside and it sits quite high. I put some pics from today on FaceBook under Poppy Thomas. I think I was lucky this time around but will lots of cleanup to do.

Bobby said the surge was higher than Dennis which got my last camper in the same spot. The current HIDEOUT does sit higher off the ground. My closest call was behind the camper where Angela and David Kilgore shared a large pine tree with me. My big ole sycamore is history. BEST
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

was down at the river today and the ramp was repaired
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blue spinner wrote:was down at the river today and the ramp was repaired
. That's good news. But I won't be down till Oct 15th.

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Good to hear. I'll be down tomorrow morning leveling the camper and porch and rebuilding the boat shelter. No fishing this trip. :beer: