st marks scallops after the storm

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jdobbertien

st marks scallops after the storm

Post by Jdobbertien »

I'm wondering if the scallops are still around in st marks after the storm blew through, not sure if the may have been dislodged or the killed because of the decrease in salinity. If anyone gets out there let me know how they did. I want to get one more trip in before the season closes.
Mckayaker

Re: st marks scallops after the storm

Post by Mckayaker »

Scallops were off at St Marks as of two weeks ago after the rain from a month ago worked it way into Apalachee bay and pushed the scallops deeper. Who knows what the storm did. It may have brought more salty water in with the surge but all the fresh water is draining back in. My understanding is the eye ran right through the scallop grounds so I am very curious what that area is like now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

You could probably get your limit pretty quick along the ditches of hwy 98. :smt005
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I can vouch for maintained salinity around the lighthouse. Sheepie & reds were biting on a low tide in Horns Creek two days ago.
Ted in Tallahassee

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

I'm looking forward to doing at least one more scallop trip as well. I'm also curious to see if the usual hotspots still have decent scallop numbers. Usually late season scallops or noticeably bigger than early-season. Been tied up with construction at my house and otherwise the heat, and then the dumb storm hit. My wife apparently cannot live without air-conditioning, I now find. Three whole days. What with all the complaining you'd think we had lived through an entire episode of "naked and afraid," LOL. It puts a new meaning on the term "the weaker sex." For some reason she would get mad when I'd tell her that and laugh and keep repeating, "first world problems" and threaten to just go fishing every day if the power was out. Brinksmanship! Taking it to the edge! Russian roulette with TWO chambers loaded, LOL!