Lake Hall - June 13

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Terrier

Lake Hall - June 13

Post by Terrier »

Fished Lake Hall this morning from 6:30 - 12:30 and lucked into a big bass with a senko about 7:30 - measured 27 X 18 inches, no scale but by formula should have been around 11 pounds (was using 10lb test p-line floroclear!). Took some pictures then released it. Caught 3 other decent bass, 15-17 inches and 3 other dinks. Missed a few more as well, one that would have gone 3-4 lbs - tyhrew the hook with a jump near the boat. Early they seem to go cruising the shallows, then they either go deep or hide under the pads. Caught two buzzing 8" yamamoto grub worms on the top in the lily pads and missed a few more.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice report..show us them pics... :thumbup:
Terrier

Lake Hall

Post by Terrier »

I took the pictures on a disposable camera. I've got 7 exposures left, so think I'll go outside and take 7 pictures of my trashcan! I'll post when I get the photos developed and scanned.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Does Lake Hall have a lot of grass in it or does it have some clear water? I like to troll jigs for specs and bream.
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Yes to both - clear water although lately it is a little cloudier with suspended algae. Because of the clear water you get vegetation - coontail. milfoil or hydrilla - growing up to the surface.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I had a friend fish there one time and he came back with some BIG bluegills!
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Its been slow on Lake Hall lately but I did get the photo of the estimated 11lb
bass I caught in June.

Fished lake Hall today (Aug 15) and got two dinks and a 16" bass.

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Super!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sounds like you had a great time. That is bigger than any Bass have ever pulled out of that lake... Great Job and nice pics!