Aucilla and Wild Deer Story

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fishdawg

Aucilla and Wild Deer Story

Post by Fishdawg »

My dad and I launched at 2:00 from Aucilla and we had a limit of trout by 4:30. Also caught 2 large blue fish. No reds caught on this trip. Live shrimp under popping cork worked better than Gulp or mirror lures on this trip. We loaded up and headed home. I dropped my dad off in Quitman and headed back to Moultrie to catch the Colquitt Co/Brookwood game. On the way home I caught a glimpse of a deer on a ditch bank out of the corner of my eye. He jumped off the ditch bank as I went by. The deer waited long enough for the truck to go by when he jumped, but I guess he didn't see my bass tracker behind the truck. Well, guess where the deer landed? In my boat right on the console. This creature destroyed my depth finder and practically destroyed my console. What a mess! I sure hope State Farm is just like a good neighbor and pays my claim. Y'all be careful on the road!
wishin2bfishin

Re: Aucilla and Wild Deer Story

Post by wishin2bfishin »

Dang deer! I've hit 2 coming back from Aucilla.
Were the trout in the river yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I doubt their in the river good yet it hasn't got very cold yet to push em up in it.
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Deer very unpredictable. Last week A friend of mine (around Coolidge) had a 10 point in the middle of his driveway as he was driving out . He stopped. The deer walked up, smelled the bumper, then wandered off.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Sorry about your boat, that's rough. That sounds like a Farmer's Insurance commercial where the old guy says he's seen just about everything on claims. We almost hit 2 does zipping across 98 going to Aucilla one windy day, closest I've come to actually hitting one. Good luck.
Yours in the South