STAR Tournament Update

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Williamsdad

STAR Tournament Update

Post by Williamsdad »

I guess i feel like the new boat makes me at least an unofficial spokesman. They keep making this better all the time, it was already a great deal. Especially when we're all chasing redfish anyway.

CCA Florida STAR Tournament
January 30 at 5:32pm ·
We're cranking up the heat, and Engel Coolers is here to cool things down!
CCA Florida is again partnering with Engel Coolers for 2017 STAR and we are offering TWO new promotions!
1. Beginning February 1st (that's Wednesday) through the end of the 2017 STAR event on September 4th, any 2017 STAR registered angler who catches a 2015 OR 2016 STAR Tagged Redfish will win an Engel prize package valued at $1,000.00. All Tagged Redfish Division rules and regulations must be followed...

CCA Florida STAR Tournament added 2 new photos.
22 hrs ·
If you missed Monday's important update about our newest STAR promotions, then this message is for you!
Starting this week and continuing for a total of sixteen weeks, Engel Coolers will be DONATING a prize package of their choosing to be raffled off EVERY FRIDAY to one 2017 STAR registered angler! This week's prize is a CCA Engel Backpack Cooler and two CCA Engel Tumblers!
There's still time to enter for tomorrow's Freebie Friday! Get yourself registered at www.ccaflstar.com!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: STAR Tournament Update

Post by silverking »

:thumbup: Thanks for the update.

Looking forward to competing hard in the STAR tournament this year. Someone has to give Droze and the Williams family a little competition. :wink:

So how about a review/reaction to the new boat and some photos?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

your efforts were successful. I joined for the 1st time. Wonder if they'll give you referral fee...
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

I tried to reply, but Brian's post must have interrupted and sent mine into limbo.

Sorry I've been a little out of touch. Only had her out 7 times since October 15 when i picked her up. Luc and Savannah usually have an open seat, and I usually choose that option. Who wouldn't - he poles all day and she usually puts on a clinic. Plus it's been so cold and nasty. Almost took the new ride on this trip to LA, but I couldn't get away. They're in very dirty water today, not what they went for. We did get a great pre-Christmas trip over there in the Mitzi. I think Luc got a little shy about posting all the time, and now they just got engaged, so lots going on.

I got holders mounted but still no push pole, which is another reason I've been going with them, we like it skinny.

I love it! Excited to get trip #8 Sunday with a buddy. I'll have to see if I can get Luc to post some pics, I'm technically challenged. Just got the 1099 from UNCLE, so nice to be able to share!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Congrats to luc and savannah!

Anybody know where to get a star ruler? Assume they'll be readily available in may. Just stopped by academy and they had no idea what the CCA does or any info re: the rulers. Hope if I don't catch a prior year tagged fish after catching the tourney winner tomorrow....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Academy should have them as the tournament start gets closer, Showboat. Last year they had them behind the gun counter. I asked the manager after one of the associates didn't know what I was talking about.

Good luck tomorrow. I'm still boat-less for another 6 days and in the middle of training my new pup.

And I've already told Dad, but a public congrats to Luc and Savannah too!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat