Spanish!!!!!!!!!!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

upacreek
Site Sponsor

Post by upacreek »

Hope my first post does not bore you too much. Some may find it interesting. When I was young, long time ago:), I used to take the bream buster to Hernando Beach California's Fishing Pier. They had a "Water Taxi" off the end of the pier that would take you out to a fishing barge, for $8, and ran every half hour. The barge was several city blocks long and had bait and a snack bar. You could catch spanish macks non stop all day. We caught them once a year, the limit was fifty, and used them as cutbait for catfish in the Colorado River.We'd catch a years worth of bait and my grandfather kept a freezer in the garage just for bait/fish. They averaged 1-2 pounds and were a thrill to a kid with a Zebco 33. The big challenge was to get one up through the seals or blue sharks/ or your bait down through the cormorants. We sure had fun and went through a lot of tackle. All the baitshops sold the Macks for cutbait and they were not considered edible. Funny how fishing is different around the country.Any of you freshwater guys tried them for Catfish bait here? You kept it frozen and and bait the hook skin first.
Jerry

Fishing is my SECOND favorite sport :grin:
Leerr

Post by Leerr »

So...What's your first huh????? :grin:

I didn't know Spanish Macks went way over there.... :???:
Tight Lines and Screamin Drags...