Fresh water

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wishin2bfishin

Fresh water

Post by wishin2bfishin »

How much fresh water did the last system put in the rivers? Fenholloway, Econfina, Aucilla?
I'm wondering how water clarity has changed since last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rangerpat
Site Sponsor

Re: Fresh water

Post by Rangerpat »

Got over eight inches of rain in the Sopchoppy River and lower Ochlockonee River area on Monday night/Tuesday morning.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

I don't know about clarity but it always darkens up after some gulley washer storms...

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=tae

Here's a link from USGS that shows the flow at each of their gauges. If you hover over each of them it shows water level. Some have the kcfs which is 1000 cubic feet per second. It's interesting watching how the water flows from different rivers in different amounts as it makes its way down to the gulf from the basins. Since the Sopchoppy river was mentioned, it shows a rise of almost ten feet on the sopchoppy river from Monday night to Tuesday night from that storm. The gauges have helped me learn what areas may still have some clear water right after a storm. Some areas milk/darken up real quick and others take a day or so longer.

Enjoy!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Parts of Taylor County received between 8-12 inches. The blustery winds expected through Friday are not going to help with water clarity either.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
wishin2bfishin

Post by wishin2bfishin »

That's what I expected. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

The gauge at steinhatchee doesn't look too bad