2017 CCA STAR Tournament

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TomParis
Site Sponsor

Re: 2017 CCA STAR Tournament

Post by TomParis »

Hope he doesn't pick the pathfinder, that's the prize I want. Going to try again tomorrow for a tagged redfish
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

TomParis wrote:Hope he doesn't pick the pathfinder, that's the prize I want. Going to try again tomorrow for a tagged redfish
Yea, and he better keep his hands off my truck. :-D
HammerDown

Post by HammerDown »

Just registered for this one even though I realize that I prolly will not land a tagged redfish. Fells very kool to even think that I could get one and also that it helps out a worthwhile organization. Tight Lines
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Pretty confident the Pathfinder will be officially off the board by the time Monday morning rolls around. The GMC pickup and four other boat, motor and trailer packages will still be up for grabs, however, in the tagged redfish division. Several local anglers also won last year by releasing eligible trout, sheepshead and other species. Know a Cast & Blast skiff, SUP and junior angler scholarship were awarded locally.

In addition to some great prizes and scholarships for the kids, the big winner is awareness of marine conservation issues and a growing CCA membership. So thanks to all for participating and good luck. Here's to several more Big Bend anglers claiming prizes before Labor Day! :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I was lucky enough to catch this beautiful little Red last Thursday. I was told the fish was released by the Tournament Committee about a week earlier approximately 4 miles West of where I caught it. The fish was 19 1/2" inches long and smashed a Chrome Skiterwalk. I have passed all the registration requirements and the Polygraph test.

So there will be a Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200 TRS in my driveway later this year.

I am truly blessed and I cannot thank CCA Florida and the STAR Tournament organizers enough. Still can't believe it. :smt007
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
bcastleb

Post by bcastleb »

Congrats!!!
B.Castleberry
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

That's absolutely awesome
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Cool :D
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

Congrats on your catch and you made a good choice on your prize.
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

congrats! What is the destiny of the fish; celebratory dinner, released, mounted and hung on a wall?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

SHOWBOAT wrote:congrats! What is the destiny of the fish; celebratory dinner, released, mounted and hung on a wall?
I was conflicted about what to do with the fish from the minute I caught it. It was legal size at 19 1/2" but skinny for that length. I usually release almost every Trout or Red I catch, but in this case I felt the importance of verifying the catch under the tournament rules was of paramount importance. Later that day I met with a CCA official in Tallahassee and he removed and kept the tag. I brought the fish back to Lanark, cleaned it, and had grilled redfish on Friday evening being careful to say a particularly special grace before eating that once in a lifetime fish.

I asked Carson of the Lanark Market to take the pic I posted above. He and Rampmaster Mike promised to keep it a secret which lasted about 10 seconds and then everybody there was in on it. The Tarpon Guides who were chuckling at the rube getting his picture taken with a skinny little Red suddenly reappeared at my elbow excitedly asking to see the fish and the tag. It was all in good fun and I really appreciated the congratulations.

And yes.........that fish tasted FREAKING AWESOME. :-D
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Congrats...now that you have a new boat coming in, what ya selling? :-D
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

I went to Academy just now to buy the lure you used and of course they were sold out of that color. So I got this one, going to try it this afternoon!

Image20170605_105235 by TomParisOBC, on Flickr
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

rockyg I have sent you an email