Official NFGFC MEASURING Device

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

Official NFGFC MEASURING Device

Post by NFGFC »

Due to the drastic increase in disqualifications this year, and the higher number of participants claiming the measuring device is wrong we have decided to use the Chek-it-Stick as the official measuring device of the NFGFC. I am proud to say that everyone now has a chance to own the same measuring device we use, I have attached a link below where you can purchase your measuring device through the club.The Chek-it-Stick is being used by several professional tournament series and many of the conservation agencies across the country.

https://nfgfc.org/register?olsFocus=fal ... -the-nfgfc
FishWithChris

Re: Official NFGFC MEASURING Device

Post by FishWithChris »

What is the difference between the 38" Saltwater stick and the 38" Redfish stick?

*EDIT*
Nevermind... I looked at the Check It Stick website:

38" x 4" - Salt Water Series
38" x 6" - Red Fish Series
28" x 6" - Pro Red Fish Series

Also - does our order come with the "Perfect Pincher," and/or will NFGFC be using this for all tail pinches going forward?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Yes it comes with the perfect pincher, and we will also be using it at all our events.......I will have our new measuring system on display at the meeting tomorrow night.........make sure you guys come on out.
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

Why not just make the minimum 16 inches?
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

That really wouldn't accomplish anything, people will still bring in fish that are right at the limit.....this is being done to eliminate the possibility that there are differences in the measuring devices.
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Good idea :thumbup:
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

At least your club wouldn't be bringing in illegal fish.
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

fishdux wrote:At least your club wouldn't be bringing in illegal fish.
We have always followed the guidelines set by the Florida Fish and Wildlife, we are not responsible for the ethical harvest of the fish weighed in at our tournaments.This is not just a local issue, I have seen this happen at Rock the Dock and other area tournaments and at some of your larger IFA, FLW and BASS tournament as well.