New boat

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

HookemBookem1

New boat

Post by HookemBookem1 »

Had to many passengers complaining about getting wet on my skiff and the rough ride hurting my dads back and with a baby on the way figured I would get something the family could ride in better. Picked up this 2012 Frontier 180 at Big Bend Marine in Perry, Fl yesterday. Their customer service was fantastic and they had me in and out the door in about an hour. Can't wait to land the first mogan in it! ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Re: New boat

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice ride. Enjoy

rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Very nice. Similar to the Sea Pro I'm fishing out of. Should be a smooth ride and a very happy family now. Enjoy. :beer:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Congrats. Nice rig.
bbb

Post by bbb »

rockyg wrote:Very nice. Similar to the Sea Pro I'm fishing out of. Should be a smooth ride and a very happy family now. Enjoy. :beer:
Is that 19' enough boat for you? I cant decide if I should go 19 or 21. Lots more 19's to choose from out there.
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

Nice!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Great boat, you will love the smooth ride. It will keep you drier than your skiff, we have a 17 ft. CC boat and love it.
Yours in the South
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Nice Ride! I agree with your assessment of Big Bend Marine. I bought my Sea Ark through Dale there and they were great to work with. They have been a big help with the service over the past year or more too.

Ashley Mock on this forum has the 21' version of that boat and is very happy with it as far as I know.

Good Fishin'
- Steve
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Congratulations on the boat and your growing family! :thumbup:
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

bbb wrote:
rockyg wrote:Very nice. Similar to the Sea Pro I'm fishing out of. Should be a smooth ride and a very happy family now. Enjoy. :beer:
Is that 19' enough boat for you? I cant decide if I should go 19 or 21. Lots more 19's to choose from out there.
I have a KW bay reef 196. I've had it for 12 years and love it. But, there are times that I wish I had at least a 22ft boat. There's a lot of difference.

By the way, nice boat hookem.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congrats. Enjoy the new ride!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Sweet! When I have one complain, I hand them a rain poncho! :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

bbb wrote:
Well BBB......The important question is what are you going to do with the boat. If you fish for Trout and Reds with some scalloping thrown in an 18 to 19' bay boat is a good choice. Rides nice in a chop and still fishes pretty skinny when needed. Throw in some light offshore work and the 18 feels pretty small. Bay boats are like utility vehicles, they can do a lot of things. However, if you want to get skinny you need a flats boat, and if you want to regularly go grouper digging you will be more comfortable in a deep vee high sided center console or walkaround.

Honestly, you need to own at least 3 boats for our area, a skiff, a bay boat, and an offshore boat. Tell your wife I said so. :lol:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
bbb

New boat

Post by bbb »

rockyg wrote:
bbb wrote:
Well BBB......The important question is what are you going to do with the boat. If you fish for Trout and Reds with some scalloping thrown in an 18 to 19' bay boat is a good choice. Rides nice in a chop and still fishes pretty skinny when needed. Throw in some light offshore work and the 18 feels pretty small. Bay boats are like utility vehicles, they can do a lot of things. However, if you want to get skinny you need a flats boat, and if you want to regularly go grouper digging you will be more comfortable in a deep vee high sided center console or walkaround.

Honestly, you need to own at least 3 boats for our area, a skiff, a bay boat, and an offshore boat. Tell your wife I said so. :lol:
I was already a 3 boat owner at one time. Now I just want 1 that can do all 3. ;)
setty7

Post by setty7 »

Nice boat man!